considering a major purchase/change...opinions please

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
bamaSAAB
Car: '06 M35 Liquid Platinum/Bourbon journey/nav '91 Saab 9000T, '05 Mazda3, 3 other older Saabs

hello

I'm brand new to the nico board. I am a long time...over 15 years... Saab owner/enthusiast. I have had in my family 14 Saabs! I like many Saab enthusiasts am unhappy with what the General has done to Saab...and have already begun a retreat with the purchase of a Mazda3 nearly a year ago.I'm writing here because I am excited about the M35! I am seriously considering leaving Saab altogether to join Infinity. I know these cars are very different than the older Swedish Saabs...which are still my all time favorite (after at least a million miles in all kinds of cars). The new GM Saabs lack nearly any resemblence to the older cars. When GM let most all of the engineers in Sweden go, there is now just another Opel/Chevy with Swedish styling cues..I think I'm done with Saab.I sense a community here of people who love cars...and Infinity in particular. I'm interested in your insights of the marque...especially since the French took over...Sorry for the long post...I'm hoping to hear from many of you!

Chris'91 Saab 9000T 155k "Traaveler"'05 Mazda3 sp23 hatch 13.3k "Maajic"'88 Saab 900 SPG 145k son's'85 Saab 900 SPG 105k older son's show car'71 Saab Sonett III 104k my project...anyone know what this is??

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

First of all, you better get that Y out of INFINITI ... Thatd be like a saab guy spelling it SAB... hahaha!

Sounds like your really into your cars, albeit swedish cars..... I have to admit, being an old Q45 guy (94 Q45 here) that I have a softspot for Saabs... They like all wheel drive and turbos, how can that be any better... I dont know much about the older ones (im sure that the general destroyed them for what they were) but I really was kind of impressed with the newer ones... Sat in a few at the auto show yesterday and really theyre nice little cars.....

at any rate, the French invasion of nissan really isnt effecting us anymore (are they even under renault anymore? im not sure)... it mainly effectd the 97-01ish years... After 02 things really started to rebound... The newer ones, albeit IMO not as good as the older nissans (89-95) are still much better compared to the other ones... Many of the 97-01 nissans had unheard of problems prior, like ECU failures and other things like that... Regardless of the "cheapening" they did, these cars stayed fairly reliable...

I really think youll like the M35, but unless you want to spend more, DO NOT drive the M45... Everyone set out that wanted to buy an M35 and drove the 45 ended up buying the latter..... Yeah, its just that much better it seems... Theyre all good, but the m45 is obviously the king of the sports-luxury sedan...

superjv1080
Car: M45 + FX35

elwesso wrote:I really think youll like the M35, but unless you want to spend more, DO NOT drive the M45... Everyone set out that wanted to buy an M35 and drove the 45 ended up buying the latter..... Yeah, its just that much better it seems... Theyre all good, but the m45 is obviously the king of the sports-luxury sedan...
How true! I knew the M35 was all I needed but couldn't help test driving the M45 since the dealer had 1. Game over. I didn't even make it next door to the BMW dealer or down the road to the Lexus dealer to test their cars. The M45 is solid.

elsesso - Welcome to the forums. I hope you get the M and that you become a regular here on the forums. It's been some good info so far and it's great to be able to answer questions and get feedback as needed.

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

Wow.. Certainly has been a long time since Ive received a WELCOME onto the forum..... As you might notice, Ive posted a few times (this is my 17,334th post )...... Yeah, ive been here a while.....

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

elwesso wrote:Wow.. Certainly has been a long time since Ive received a WELCOME onto the forum..... As you might notice, Ive posted a few times (this is my 17,334th post )...... Yeah, ive been here a while.....
You have me beat by a lot!

Z

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

bamaSAAB wrote:hello
Welcome to NICO!
bamaSAAB wrote:I'm writing here because I am excited about the M35!
Definitely a good car to get excited about!
bamaSAAB wrote:I sense a community here of people who love cars...and Infiniti in particular.
You bet!

I have been driving an Infiniti (two Q45's and now an M45) for over 15 years now and love the marque for sure! They have all had the combination of luxury, power, style and reliability that I like in the car. And stealth performance above and beyond my expectations. With only one poor reliability experience (a transmission failure at 104k mile) that I attribute to previous owner negligence - never again shall I buy a lease return!

The car is a luxury line, so expect a bit higher maintenance cost. I am not sure what Saab maintenance costs are, so cannot compare to that, but other lower-end Japanese brand (Honda, Toyota and the like) models are less expensive to maintain. What you get in return in an Infiniti is a car that stands out and is a joy to drive and own.

Z

superjv1080
Car: M45 + FX35

elwesso wrote:Wow.. Certainly has been a long time since Ive received a WELCOME onto the forum..... As you might notice, Ive posted a few times (this is my 17,334th post )...... Yeah, ive been here a while.....
True This is my first time into the forum thing. I didn't scroll up enough to see that I was meaning to welcome BamaSAAB to the forums.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”