Confused on cams HELP

Information on the naturally-aspirated KA24E and KA24DE engines.
240SeXyNIS
Car: 93 s13 240sx ka24de

Ok i have been having some issue with my ka de. i took off my timing chain guides and noticed that my cams seem switched, my green marked cam (should be exhaust) is on the intake side,and my orange marked cam (should be intake) is on the exhaust side, but i have been doing home work and found that s14 cams are marked with the same colors but colors are different meanings? is there any way to know if my s13 cams are in switched or if its actually s14 cams is there any other markings to tell s13 from s14 sorry if i offend i have looked and not been successful
my car is doggy off the line(auto) then in second is a rocket but seems to have like a lag in spots under wot like a studder? i been banging my head against the wall over trying to figure out that this guy did to the car before i bought it ...he says nothing :wtf2: :gotme

walperstyle
Car: s13 crap

If you purchased aftermarket cams like BC, or crower, chances are you purchased FWD cams, and they do need to be swapped over.

edit: does it look like one of the cams has had the back end of it cut or shaved at all? FWD cars have the dizzy drive at the back of the cam, where as RWD cars have to shave that part off the cam to make it work.

Search Crower V3 modification in google, you'll find some info.

Fastazz240
Car: 1995 240 SX, 93 Vert, 95 Hardbody 4X4

thus far i have not seen a way to definitivly say what cams you have as there are no real markings on them to differ each. If you think they are backwards look at the intake cam the pin will line up with the first lobe if it dosent u have an exhaust cam on there. If you want to get a more detailed i have 3 or 4 sets of cams i can go take a look have a set of s14 and 3 s13

D-UNIT
Car: a 91' S13 (15.014 @ 94.56mph NA) KA-T

s13 cams (the good ones) 91-94' - intake is green , exhaust is orange
s14 cams (the junk ones) 95-98' - intake is orange , exhaust is green

Return to “KA24E / KA24DE Forum”