Complete NEWB!!!

1972-1979 Datsun 620 forums. All 620-specific topics and discussion can be found here.
granth

Hey guys, I am hoping I can get this little datsun 620 from a guy in the next city north. Its a 77, little rusted, nothing outstanding though. He wants 800 dollars, it has a L16B in it, 4 speed, and has a more modern L20B  i believe with a 5 speed from an 80s's era truck. I have always loved these trucks, and have ALWAYS wanted one.

What can be said for these as far as engine work. It's a worn out motor, and I believe replacing the cam, and cam bearings, and whatever else the cam immediately touches needs to be taken care of. I know how a small block goes together but have never messed with a 4 banger. These are OHC motors, correct? I'd love to keep it that way, but if I can't has any small block fords been shoe horned in?

Outside appearance wise, is there many places doing repair panels and the like?

Thanks for any info, and help is very much appreciated.

lancekilgore

If you do get the truck there is not really any mod that can be done. the cost to rebiuld the engienis between 1200 andhigher depending on what is wrong with it. ther are still lot so parts out there like Rockauto.com.  and other sites.  you can fit whatere you want in the engine compartment as long as you are willing to do the work.  if you want to go to a more uptodate engien go 20 a ka24 (90 4 banger out of a nissann but you will have to bring the tranny and wireing harnes and brain. but doable.

Lance

Return to “Datsun 620”