Complete Headlight Swap

A General Discussion forum for Altima owners, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to the NICOclub Altima Forums!
ykmarkell
Car: 2019 Nissan Altima S

Wassup,

I have a 2019 Altima S (without LEDs & DRLs) and I want to swap my headlights out with some LEDs from eBay (https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-2019-2020- ... 632-2357-0). Do anybody know what else I need to make sure the headlights run and DRLs operate as expected. I hope they’re plug and play but if not, what else do I need?

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

WD shows it won't be plug-and-play and it looks like the connectors are incompatible. In addition, at least one version uses the halogen high beams as dimbulb DRL's, so I'm pretty sure you'll need to create a DRL supply using a relay off the fuel pump supply. Frankly it looks to be a can of worms. You might be better served to find some high-quality H9/H11 replacement LED's and add some strip or eagle-eye LED's for DRL's. If you want to proceed I can get you connector pinouts for the different versions, but you may be doing a lot of fancy re-pinning and possibly need different connectors from a JY. I can't access ASIST till I'm back at the shop on Wednesday, then I can be more definitive about the latter.

Return to “Altima General Discussions”