Comparing Rogue and Xtrail

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
datechboss101
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SL -- RIP
2018 Nissan Kicks SR -- RIP
2019 Nissan Rogue SV w/ Prem. Pack

I was just looking around the internet for cars as I am a young car enthusiast and found a ton load of things that the Xtrail has over the Rogue. Here are just a few of the major things I found:

NOTE*: This is a 2016 Nissan Rogue vs. 2016 Nissan X-Trail comparison!

Power Folding Mirrors:
Rogue: No
XTrail: Yes

Transmission:
Rogue: CVT
X-trail: 6 Speed Manual & CVT

Engine options:
Rogue: 2.5L I4
X-Trail: Diseil and 2.5L

Auto-Stop start:
Rogue: No
X-Trail: Yes

# of trim Levels:
Rogue: 3
X-trail: More than 3

Why is the US variant doesn't get the best options? I am now wanting to get that 6-speed manual what-so-ever, as the x-trail is the same design as the Rogue. What are your thoughts about this?

Rogue Jarhead
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue Krom

Well there are people that do transmission swaps on one forum I'm familiar with. There is a guy in Europe that has a salvage yard and he pulls and ships a complete manual transmission, pedals, sensors, gear shift and linkage, everything for around $1200 to your door. Of course it would require a recoding of the ECU, for which you would need a code reader that does more than just read generic codes.

I agree the Europeans get all the good options and we get the leftovers. That's not only true with Nissan but across the board with many car manufacturers including Ford and Chrysler.

datechboss101

True. I was looking at an Australian used car site, and they have more features, such as Automatic parking brake, Digital Speedometer, etc.

yusuke08
Car: Rogue [X-trail Advance] 2017

I have an X-Trail Advance with the CVT, 2.5L, auto stop-start button but they don't have the power folding mirror option on any trim level where I live. Not only Europeans and Australians get a lot of features but Chinese and Japanese.
Last edited by Rogue One on Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: TYPO

Rogue Jarhead
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue Krom

Just curious, how can your vehicle have both a 6 spd manual and a CVT? Either it has a CVT or it has a 6 spd manual. Unless you have 2 different vehicles. Does your vehicle have 3 pedals on the floor? Go pedal, stop pedal and clutch pedal. If you only have 2 you have a CVT if you have 3 and have to row your gears by hand you have a 6 spd. The slap shift doesn't count, its still an auto.

I agree just about ALL the rest of the world has great choices and Americans who pride ourselves on choice are limited to very few when it comes to options on vehicles.

yusuke08
Car: Rogue [X-trail Advance] 2017

Sorry, my bad, mine has only cvt but I can also shift the gears manually (from automatic to manual).

datechboss101

From MY 17 the Rogue has the semi-auto (or in this case semi-cvt); whereas MY 14-16 doesn't for the Rogue, as the X-trail is a bit different.

Return to “Rogue Forum”