Common Sense while driving

A General Discussion forum for cars and other topics, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to NICO!
datechboss101
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SL -- RIP
2018 Nissan Kicks SR -- RIP
2019 Nissan Rogue SV w/ Prem. Pack

Alrighty, this is a nice popcorn enjoying rant!

Now where do we start... :drama:

Left lane discipline. Most of us careful drivers know that the left lane is meant for passing, not for travelling at speed limit or below. Well, according to Floridians and people that visit this state, the passing lane is the travel lane. This leads to a delay for first responders to do their job, which is either saving someone's life or arresting a criminal. With that said, the amount of entitled and ignorant people I see doing this, really just don't care about other drivers around them. And this is shown by a group of certain brand owners >>Toyota<<, especially the Corolla and Camry owners. To add fire to this injury of this inexcusable act, these models are not even the model years that were part of that notorious unintended acceleration recall. So what gives, if your POS Corolla or Toyota vehicle didn't came with a messed up accelerator from the factory, you should have no problem of accelerating and keeping up with the flow of traffic.

Now granted, I also had to take on my loyal brand, Honda. Like I get it, Honda makes in-house transmissions that are a hit or miss for certain years, but it still doesn't give you the right to be a psychopath on the road. Geez. But then again, everyone is fair play as I have been observing this behaviour during my commutes between Orlando and Miami.

Next, we got the illegal curb and emergency shoulder passing. Please take a chill pill, you ain't the freaking President of the United States or the CEO of Microsoft that you need to attend an important business meeting. That said, if the person in front of you has a blinker on and is going in the same direction as you, you have no right to jump the curb and potentially cause damage. If you even did cause damage, DO NOT act like a child in-front of the police and DO NOT dance around the cops during a serious situation. You made the decision of taking an illegal overtake, and you caused damage, its your fault, not the driver who had their blink on and is in front of you. Same thing could be said for emergency side takeovers, as you may potentially put more vehicles and lives in danger, if there is a stopped patrol unit with a civilian vehicle in-front or a disabled vehicle, you will cause serious damage for multiple families.

With that said, if you do such acts and get caught, you ought to loose your license and must undergo serious driving school until you understand to rule of the road. These rules and laws should NOT be disregarded, as it will haunt you if the police catches you. However, what is unjustified is the police passes these arrogant lunatics and let them pass by but they will give tickets for speeders. Speeders are caused by ego and rage and want to reach their destination in the most fastest and quickest way possible.

Why do I bring this up? Lets put it this way... Some ignorant h0m0 sapien jumped the curb while my mother was trying to merge onto the left turn lane and hit the driver's side of the vehicle. It's damaged to the point that the body shop "Nissan Certified" quoted me a total bill of $2,085 and they have to keep the 2019 Rogue for 5 days. On top of this the vehicle needs alignment which ranges between $70 to $110 depending on the place (Nissan dealer was the cheapest). On top of this utter nonsense, this lady, who is a 40+ year old African American lady had to call her girlfriends because they tryna blame this bs on my mother, who by the way is afraid of driving and vehicles after our serious collision in the 2004 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback that almost killed her. My mom is a safe driver (more safer than me, but yet she had more collisions than me, all not-at-fault) so trying to belittle her was the wrong thing because that lady's friends backed down after they realized they messed with the wrong person. To add fire to injury, my little brother was in the vehicle of this collision, so he was a good hour late to school (literally happened few blocks away from his school and the Orange County Sheriffs office), because this grown-up middle aged woman was acting like a child. However, since there was no witnesses here, she tried her best to blame us, when she was at fault. Orlando Police determined that since there was no evidence of who caused this, no one is at fault. But if you clearly see the pictures that is attached, our 2019 Rogue is pretty messed up.

However, we wanted to pay this out of pocket since the insurance (Geico) paid for the vandalism claim for my Rogue last year and cut the check for the Kicks, our premiums went a bit up, especially my Rogue since there is "a lot of claims" on it (like well no crap, we live in an area of ignorant drivers and an era where people are on their phones while driving). But the following day, that lady filed an insurance claim through her insurance (USAA) and let me tell you, she did not have the body structure of a fit woman to be apart of the United States military or army or navy or coast guard.

And to add the cherry on top of this volcano mess, it was a Nissan Rogue on Nissan Rogue collision (2014 Rogue Select on 2019 Rogue SV).

When I took it to Nissan, everyone was saying that the lady was at fault because our Rogue took more damage and that the police officer who wrote the report didn't inspect the vehicle to see which one had more damage, because clearly ours had a lot.

http://s1380.photobucket.com/user/duder ... on%20Rogue

Kompresshun
Administrator
Car: 2020 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4x4, 2017 Ford F150 4x4 SuperCab 3.5L Ecoboost/10AT, 2005 Nissan Pathfinder SE Offroad 5AT

Lets get this out of the way first and foremost: I am a USAA member and have been for over 12 years. I can assure you, i've never served in any way, shape, or form. My father in law though? He served for many years and recently retired. As soon as my wife and I got married I was immediately eligible to become a USAA Member, minus a few Active and Retired specific benefits. You don't have to directly serve to be a member. You can be a spouse(or widow/widower), immediate family, or dependent and become a member. Someones appearance is definitely nothing to do with qualifying.

I'm sorry your mom got into an accident and I hope she's okay - accidents suck and they can genuinely shake you up. It's not a pleasant experience.

Now with that out of the way... I don't even know where to begin trying to read this rambling mess you've spewed into this post. We've addressed this in a separate post of yours: Toyota owners have nothing to do with these situations you find yourself in. I have tons of friends and family that drive Toyota's - A LOT of them being Corolla's and Camry's and GUESS WHAT? None of them have been in an accident!

Lets review: So far we've judged people based upon the brand of car they drive and their appearance not qualifying them for a service. None of this has anything to do with the situation you were in or how it was caused.

Now I can only take your word on the fact that she was at fault here, because as you mentioned: There were no witnesses to state otherwise. It certainly sounds like she was at fault, but in the scenario you were in it sounds like the officer did the best thing he could. With no footage or witnesses, how can you expect him to place blame? I know nothing about this woman, or her driving record but you've made quite clear that you and your parents have been in multiple traffic accidents. You can blame it on the city, or drivers surrounding you but it seems as if you're a magnet for accidents. The situations you describe happen EVERYWHERE. I deal with them EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. I live in a smaller community outside of Louisville, Kentucky. It happens no matter if i'm out in the middle of the sticks or if i'm in downtown Louisville. We lived in Lexington, Kentucky prior to living here - same thing. I grew up in Atlanta, Georgia - it happened there too.

My suggestion? If you and your family is this prone to dealing with this BS, regardless of fault - BUY A DASH CAMERA. Seriously. Buy one for every vehicle you own. They make front and rear facing ones even. If you really want to be avoid being placed at fault in a situation like this, then a dash cam would've helped a ton. Because even if the officer would have placed no one at fault, dash cam footage could have proved otherwise.

In summary: Quit blaming specific brands and vehicles for your problems. Buy a Dash Camera. The end.

Bubba1
Car: 2003 Nissan 350z
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

well said, Kompresshun. I recognize this was a rant, as there's an emotional element to them. After trying to read thru yours, Datech, I'm hoping that you had taken something as you typed it, and did not write this sober. Because some of the ignorance you displayed was disturbing.

Kompresshun covered several examples, so I see no need to pile on... (yet). I think his dash cam idea is great, but I suspect it might also reveal a bigger problem that both you and your mother appear to share. You both seem in serious need of defensive driving instruction. Just the fact you've been obsessing about cruise control at all in city driving, much less relying on it plus pro-pilot in those situations, strongly suggests your skills and judgement are lacking.

I hate to break it to you, bad drivers are everywhere, and they're not going to suddenly disappear any time soon. In terms of density of bad drivers in one area, the northeast tells Florida "hold my beer". You and your mom should be focusing more on anticipation and avoidance, rather than your current "waaah, you did that wrong/then get hit/then whine/then blame everyone else/rinse and repeat". It's called "situational awareness". Something I think both you and your mom should think about and work on improving via defensive driving courses. And as info, taking defensive driving courses like that might reduce your insurance premiums. Food for thought.

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

datechboss101

I just found out today by our insurance company that the lady who was at fault was trying to get our insurance to pay for her claim. Like I really don't understand what part of "Use your own insurance" that lady missed. Clearly, our insurance understood something was fishy with that other driver, and decided to only help us, and told USAA that we aren't paying for her repairs. And we are paying $1000 out of pocket (gotta love $1000 deductibles), and paid $70 for alignment (2019 Rogue now drives much better after that collision).

Our rental is the Rogue Sport, and its ironically one of the slowest vehicles in Nissan's lineup. Acceleration isn't that quick at all when comparing to the regular Rogue.

And I have looked into dash cameras, and Blackvue is becoming my choice now, so I gotta wait for few more weeks for black friday so I can afford one. I will talk about the Toyota thing in another post, because once I start typing about it, its gonna be super long, so I am going to put in a separate post.

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

...or don't.

it didn't make sense on Facebook, it won't make sense here.

just because you think a thought doesn't mean it's logical, rational, or grounded in fact.

Stick to empirically provable facts. Your brand rants are baseless and ludicrous.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Buzzman
Car: 2017 Mazda 6 GT
2023 Kia Stinger Elite V6 AWD.

datechboss101 wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:08 pm

Now where do we start...

Some ignorant XXXXXX jumped the curb while my mother was trying to merge onto the left turn lane and hit the driver's side of the vehicle.

On top of this utter nonsense, this lady, who is a 40+ year old African American lady had to call her girlfriends because they tryna blame this bs on my mother, who by the way is afraid of driving and vehicles after our serious collision in the 2004 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback that almost killed her.

My mom is a safe driver (more safer than me, but yet she had more collisions than me, all not-at-fault)
Orlando Police determined that since there was no evidence of who caused this, no one is at fault.

However, we wanted to pay this out of pocket since the insurance (Geico) paid for the vandalism claim for my Rogue last year and cut the check for the Kicks, our premiums went a bit up, especially my Rogue since there is "a lot of claims" on it (like well no crap, we live in an area of ignorant drivers and an era where people are on their phones while driving). But the following day, that lady filed an insurance claim through her insurance (USAA) and let me tell you,

she did not have the body structure of a fit woman to be apart of the United States military or army or navy or coast guard.

Wow, just wow.

"Your mom was trying to merge onto a left turn lane".
In other words, your mom, (who's scared of driving) was in the go straight lane, past where the left turn lane already began, and then decided at the last second that she wanted to go left, thus she "merged", meaning cut in front of somebody already in the left lane, and drove the other vehicle onto the curb and got hit. This was all her fault.
Nobody intentionally tries to pass someone on the inside of a turn lane, jumping the sidewalk. That's ludicrous.

Your bias towards the other woman is just plain disturbing. Nuff said there.

Lastly, given by your own admission about how many accidents you and your family have had, and insurance claims you've made, that pretty much disqualifies you from being even a little critical of other drivers.
I've been driving for over 50 years, and had one semi serious accident when i was in my teens. Nothing since.
....and I was in a service business that required driving to customer locations every day.
I've racked up a ton of miles, in a ton of different cars.
Why no accidents? I took defensive driving courses in my youth, and to this day I still practice what I was taught.

If you posted your rant looking for validation, you have failed miserably.

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

Gonna have to concur. The big Five-0 this year, never in an at-fault accident (despite generally disregarding speed limits).

I suspect you've never taken any serious driver training, and no track time, so I'm not sure where you come off disrespecting others who may or may not have.

Let's skip any further inane assumptions about who's eligible for USAA and people who drive Toyotas. Seriously, it's bordering on lunacy.

datechboss101

Buzzman wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:51 pm
datechboss101 wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:08 pm

Now where do we start...

Some ignorant XXXXXX jumped the curb while my mother was trying to merge onto the left turn lane and hit the driver's side of the vehicle.

On top of this utter nonsense, this lady, who is a 40+ year old African American lady had to call her girlfriends because they tryna blame this bs on my mother, who by the way is afraid of driving and vehicles after our serious collision in the 2004 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback that almost killed her.

My mom is a safe driver (more safer than me, but yet she had more collisions than me, all not-at-fault)
Orlando Police determined that since there was no evidence of who caused this, no one is at fault.

However, we wanted to pay this out of pocket since the insurance (Geico) paid for the vandalism claim for my Rogue last year and cut the check for the Kicks, our premiums went a bit up, especially my Rogue since there is "a lot of claims" on it (like well no crap, we live in an area of ignorant drivers and an era where people are on their phones while driving). But the following day, that lady filed an insurance claim through her insurance (USAA) and let me tell you,

she did not have the body structure of a fit woman to be apart of the United States military or army or navy or coast guard.

Wow, just wow.

"Your mom was trying to merge onto a left turn lane".
In other words, your mom, (who's scared of driving) was in the go straight lane, past where the left turn lane already began, and then decided at the last second that she wanted to go left, thus she "merged", meaning cut in front of somebody already in the left lane, and drove the other vehicle onto the curb and got hit. This was all her fault.
Nobody intentionally tries to pass someone on the inside of a turn lane, jumping the sidewalk. That's ludicrous.

Your bias towards the other woman is just plain disturbing. Nuff said there.

Lastly, given by your own admission about how many accidents you and your family have had, and insurance claims you've made, that pretty much disqualifies you from being even a little critical of other drivers.
I've been driving for over 50 years, and had one semi serious accident when i was in my teens. Nothing since.
....and I was in a service business that required driving to customer locations every day.
I've racked up a ton of miles, in a ton of different cars.
Why no accidents? I took defensive driving courses in my youth, and to this day I still practice what I was taught.

If you posted your rant looking for validation, you have failed miserably.
HOLD IT! My mom was going onto the left turn lane when it was starting, just like everyone else. Its the same intersection we go through almost everyday without an incident, but it happens to be that very exact moment that impatient lady jumped the curb, and my mom does look at her back left/right window before making lane changes to check on blindspots because those Blindspot technologies are a hit and miss. Also, it happens to be the very same intersection to get to my brothers school, as she was dropping him off, so there was no way for her to miss that intersection as its the only way to get into the school coming from the west direction heading east. I will be glad to stop my vehicle on the shoulder of that intersection of where it occurred, but then its a waste of my time. Sure my bias towards an 40+ year old grown African American lady was shown there, but history has shown its racism over the past centuries. Plus, RACISM IS STILL HAPPENING IN THE USA AND THERES NO LAW TO STOPPING IT, especially in 2019!

I posted this rant because I am fed up with the amount of (INSERT WORDS HERE) on the roads in the United States, who give no damn about road safety and rules, and yet show their entitlement and cause road rage, which then leads to road fatality and injuries. My intention was not to sham USAA or anyone. Also, I don't need any validation man, because I ain't looking for any. If its all about validation, I would really posted a poll or something that collected data, in which I am not doing.

In another forum, I have posted a better version of this rant, and boy, those members are more mature on how they responded because they didn't s*** on me but they are actually elaborating on road safety and road rules, something that has been missed in this forum for some reason. All my intention of this rant/thread was to have a great elaboration and discussion on how many entitled douchebags are on the road and talk about road safety and road rules, but you guys just happened to s*** on me and my family and miss the entire point that I was trying to make, and that's disappointing. I am literally responding just because I want to get a nice discussion on road safety and road rules and how many untrained people are on the roads without knowing the rules.

Sir, remember, I have a clean driving record so far. No accidents, no speeding tickets, no red light camera tickets, none. Been driving for 60k miles now since I started driving (learners license), roughly 2 years on my own and 1.5 years with parental supervision. Plus, I don't text and drive or drink and drive (I ain't even legal age of drinking and never had a drop of alcohol), as I see that as a hazard and a disability to driving. And hell, I even read that dam drivers' handbook even before I started driving, so I learned alot of information on how to drive and how to keep a clean record. My 2016 Rogue on the other hand, most of it never happened while I had the keys to it (I took over the 2016 Rogue during the 2nd half of 2018, until then I was driving both Hondas and parents were driving the Rogue). Come to think of it, most of the issues on my Rogue happened when it was parked and while we were no where near it at all.
1) Back passenger side door got sideswiped while in park (other car hit it while backing out, maybe either didn't look or was an ignorant prick)
2) Psychopath comes onto our driveway middle of night and keys the entire vehicle resulting a $1100 bodyshop repair bill ($1000 insurance paid).

That's the multiple claims on my Rogue if it helps. However, we had ZERO claims on our 99 Accord (we bought new back in 99), so that says something at least. So I do have the right to say how bad others are at driving.
AZhitman wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:22 pm
Gonna have to concur. The big Five-0 this year, never in an at-fault accident (despite generally disregarding speed limits).

I suspect you've never taken any serious driver training, and no track time, so I'm not sure where you come off disrespecting others who may or may not have.

Let's skip any further inane assumptions about who's eligible for USAA and people who drive Toyotas. Seriously, it's bordering on lunacy.
Well, I just happened to see the s****y owners of Toyotas on the road most of the time. But again, it would take a lot of great owners of Toyotas (not Prius drivers, because they by default drive one of the worst vehicles in mankind) that ain't the small percentage of a*****es that I encounter to convince me not to hate.

Actually, I am planning to start getting into track days, as it would improve my skills and judgment even more. I am literally looking for a job since I quit my last one due to lack of hours and a careless General Manager, so I can buy my own sports car and build it for track purposes, because who really would track a Nissan Rogue.

AZhitman
Administrator

OK, I'm done with this nonsense.

When you bring race into a discussion that has nothing to do do with race, we're done entertaining your mental illness. Period. That statement doesn't even make sense.

Just because someone else didn't s*** on your ridiculous rant doesn't mean they're more mature. Maybe they're just more tolerant of lunacy.

There's no "nice discussion" to be had, so stop with that BS. You've already proclaimed yourself to be more knowledgeable and more informed than people twice your age. You're quite simply, in both cases, incorrect.

You, in my eyes, are the "untrained driver" on the road. Let that soak in. So I'm not sure where you come off blasting others just because you've appointed yourself some sort of "Safety Ranger."

And you're STILL persisting with judging other drivers by the brand of car they occupy? Good Lord. Maybe a Statistics class would help as well. Your Prius babbling makes no sense either. Seriously, the more you type, the less knowledgeable (and the more unhinged) you seem.

As far as "Who really would track a Rogue?" Dunno. I could just as easily ask, "Who the hell would buy TWO of them?" :) We have an Admin who tracks a Juke in GridLife (quite successfully, I might add), so again, your juvenile presuppositions have failed you - again.

Here's how this is going to work: Take a few days to chill out and get your thoughts in order, but make NO mistake - We're NOT revisiting this asinine rant. Period. Am I clear?

I'm not asking you to agree or even like this decision. But it stands.

RicerX
Car: '20 Titan Pro4X

datechboss wrote:Sure my bias towards an 40+ year old grown African American lady was shown there, but history has shown its racism over the past centuries. Plus, RACISM IS STILL HAPPENING IN THE USA AND THERES NO LAW TO STOPPING IT, especially in 2019!
Oh. My. God.

I've been around the internet a long time and thought I had understood the depths of derp to be found, but holy s*** was I off base there.

AZhitman
Administrator

Yep. That doesn't even make enough sense to qualify as a stupid statement.

Return to “General Chat”