Comments regarding 'Pacific Sunset' Color

Forum for the unique Murano, and official home of Nissan Murano Club!

What 2015 Murano color would you choose?

Poll ended at Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:29 pm

Artic Blue Metallic (Blue)
No votes
Brilliant Silver Metallic (Silver)
No votes
Cayenne Red Metallic (Red)
50%
Gun Metallic (Gray)
No votes
Java Metallic (Brown)
50%
Magnetic Black Metallic (Black)
No votes
Pacific Sunset Metallic (Orange)
No votes
Pearl White (White)
No votes

Total votes: 2

firetiger

Test drove 2015 Murano. I am interested in the 'Pacific Sunset' color. No 'Pacific Sunset' on the lot. Did a 'quick and dirty' search for Pacific Sunset Muranos in Western Washington and resulted in 2 out of 175+ cars. This fact seems strange as many Murano ads are 'Pacific Sunset'. The dealer said the one he saw was nothing like the color in the ads.

Has anyone actually seen a 'Pacific Sunset' Murano. Are you taking a risk buying a car with an unusual color come resale time. 'Pearl White' is nice but it is hard to 'make a statement' with your Murano when there are dozens of cars painted the same color.

Any comments would be appreciated.

frapjap
Car: '99 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
'07 Subaru Legacy

Welcome to NICO!

Its awesome that you're excited about your new buy!
Personally, I like a unique color. But in the grand scheme of things, I doubt a Murano with a rare color will ever end up more valuable than another when it comes to resale due to its high production numbers. However, it definitely stands out in a sea of boring beige colors under your ownership.

I own a rare color Trans Am, but at the end of the day, it is still a Trans Am and would take the right buyer or a true collector who would want it to make it valuable.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Are you taking a risk buying a car with an unusual color? Perhaps. Quick example of a drawaback:
First model year of the Rogue ('08) they made an Orange color available. If you purchased one without the rear spoiler, and wanted to add it later, it would cost you just over $300 for one painted orange. Any other color was only $77.

Leo2005

My girlfriend wanted a red one but I wanted a blue but price was more important to me so that's why this is my 3rd Nissan which is black and it's nice when it's clean. Price will not effect a lot on Murano's paint as previous statement was about Rogue because Murano has more expensive paint on it anyway (even black ones) also I don't see price changes on Nissan's website for the paint choice. It looks like a 2-stage paint to me so it will not be cheap. Pick any color you like...it will be good no matter what you choose but that "orange" does stand out like the Rogue back in '08 which was discontinued after that.

firetiger

I found a 'Pacific Sunset' Murano at dealer 60 miles from my home. We had to sit through a 45 minute sales pitch. At least 6 trial closes and we even got to met the sales manager.

It's a go on the 'Pacific Sunset' color. The color looked great.

Now the interior. Cashmere Leather is beautiful, but with the door open you could see the dust settling on the seats. I decided it would be impossible to keep clean.

Graphite Leather (black) is boring. I would venture to say that a majority of interiors in Seattle are black.

That leaves Mocha Leather. Found a 'Mocha Leather' Murano at another dealer. I wouldn't buy a car from these people either. 'Mocha Leather' is very nice, seats are brown with door panels a mixture of brown and black.

Impossible to describe, you really have to see it to appreciate how good it looks.

Talked to my banker, and ordered (from a different dealer) a 2015 'Pacific Sunset/Mocha Leather' w/ Platinum Trim and the Technology Package. The most expensive car I have ever owned.

After reviewing the different features, I decided it was also the biggest most expensive computer that I will ever drive.

Special order, should arrive by 10th of May. Hope to post some photos.

Steve
Redmond, WA

frapjap
Car: '99 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
'07 Subaru Legacy

Congrats on the order! Can't wait to see the photos. I'm really impressed at the delivery date they gave you- thats fast!

Return to “Murano Forum”