color code for sunroof wiring and connector??

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
mstrmstr
Car: Venom Red ROGUE 08...and 4 others

Discovered the Rogue sunroof wiring to be well powered and tapable for easy install of GPS, homelink mirrors and radar detectors.

I looked at the Wiring diagram but have no clue on how to read them.Best I can figure is there is 50a and 10A available, more than I need.

Anyone have the color code and power key info I need? Photos?

Access is easy both the connector panel hidden under the visor and main connector hidden under the sunroof control panel are easy to get at.

Looking for ignition switched/ battery unswitched and ground that I can use to power these low need units.

Thanks
Modified by mstrmstr at 8:48 AM 8/12/2008

philipa_240sx

I believe the fuses you are referring to are Fuse J (50A) and Fuse 10 (10A). These fuses actually power the Body Control Module and everything it monitors including the moonroof, power door lock system, Intelligent Key, power window controls, keyless entry, TPMS system, interior lights, turn signals, rear wiper, etc.

In the case of the sunroof, you would be looking for the following colors on the harness:

Pink - Battery power (On when ign sw is OFF)Blue - Switched power (On when ign sw is ON)Black - Ground

These wires provide power for the power window switches, power seat controls, as well as the moonroof. Be careful tapping into this wiring. You do not want to short the 12V sources (Pink and blue) together as it could damage the BCM or cause some very bizarre things to happen. If you end up drawing too much current, you will likely blow either the 10 or 50A fuse.

mstrmstr

philipa_240sx wrote:I believe the fuses you are referring to are Fuse J (50A) and Fuse 10 (10A). These fuses actually power the Body Control Module and everything it monitors including the moonroof, power door lock system, Intelligent Key, power window controls, keyless entry, TPMS system, interior lights, turn signals, rear wiper, etc.

In the case of the sunroof, you would be looking for the following colors on the harness:

Pink - Battery power (On when ign sw is OFF)Blue - Switched power (On when ign sw is ON)Black - Ground

These wires provide power for the power window switches, power seat controls, as well as the moonroof. Be careful tapping into this wiring. You do not want to short the 12V sources (Pink and blue) together as it could damage the BCM or cause some very bizarre things to happen. If you end up drawing too much current, you will likely blow either the 10 or 50A fuse.
This answer is clear and just what I was looking for. Current draw on a GPS,detector and such is under 3 amps..chances of blown fuse is minimal if I tap the moonroof main power for my switched source. Reasoning is the moonroof needs power only when activated.

It would be nice if Nissan just stuck a extra connector up in the headliner for such additions and dealer installed options.

Thanks for the knowledgeable answer.. kudos

websfear
Car: 2008 Rogue SL Venom Red

I wouldn't know what to search for, but 6 months ago or so there was Nissan parts member that was selling an adapter for the power mirror to power a detector (I think). It might be worth a shot.

mstrmstr

wiringHarness pink- switched 12vHarness Red - Battery HOT 12vBlack is ground.

Blue is a undersized wire and does not carry enough current to function anything.

philipa_240sx

mstrmstr wrote:wiringHarness pink- switched 12vHarness Red - Battery HOT 12vBlack is ground.

Blue is a undersized wire and does not carry enough current to function anything.
I would check that again. Close the door this time as the red wire appears to be the door switch. It took some digging to find this as the wiring appears in 2 different places in the FSM:

Connector M36/R2- Roof Harness1 - Black - Ground2 - Blue - 12V Roof Power3 - Red - Door switched 12V4 - Yellow - 12V Interior Lamp Power (Always on except when battery saver is active => Ign Off and time delay has expired)5 - Pink - Battery power 6 - Black - Ground

I don't take the FSM as gospel... your wiring could be right. Just double check. If it works then great!

mstrmstr

I relied on my trusty OHM meter.. works like a champ.When I cruise the lots I'll find one with the leather package and pull the access cover to check Nissans mirror setup.. the harness I accessed is pn: D206.70.910
philipa_240sx wrote:
I would check that again. Close the door this time as the red wire appears to be the door switch. It took some digging to find this as the wiring appears in 2 different places in the FSM:

Connector M36/R2- Roof Harness1 - Black - Ground2 - Blue - 12V Roof Power3 - Red - Door switched 12V4 - Yellow - 12V Interior Lamp Power (Always on except when battery saver is active => Ign Off and time delay has expired)5 - Pink - Battery power 6 - Black - Ground

I don't take the FSM as gospel... your wiring could be right. Just double check. If it works then great!
with the leathers package and pull the access to check

Return to “Rogue Forum”