cold air intake?

General discussion area for the L31-chassis Altima, including the 05-06 SE-R models.
Lazyron007
Car: Nissan Altima 2.5S

I have a cold air intake in my nissan altima but i read somewhere that during the winter you need to convert it back to a short ram intake beacuse it is too cold for your engine? Does anyone know if this is true or is it bullsht?

tonynalli

ill call bull **** on that one

BMAR240SX
Car: 1993 240sx Coupe

Its kind of bull but if it is to low to the ground it can pull up water and stuff that can mess up ur engine its in ur best interest to convert it if it is to low

terrormaschine
Car: 2003 Altima 2.5s

i hate cold air intakes ... mine sucked in water and cost me about 600$ to fix and replace sh**. new MAF getting the engine cleaned.. oil changes bleh!! it would be best to get a short ram / high flow intake

http://www.stillen.com/product...02973

MICKEY_BLUE_EYES
Car: 2001 nissa sentra se

recently had a run in with bad weather... rain and water got into the cold air intake. it's a 2001 nissan sentra with an aftermarker cold air intake... i noticed you had to pay about 600 dollars to have it fixed on your altima... any ideas or thoughts about it?

terrormaschine
Car: 2003 Altima 2.5s

well if water did get into your engine thro the intake.. i strongly suggest you pump the water out before you mess up any cylinders or worse crack something in the engine. if that did happen, the one of the do it yourself way is that you can pull out the spark plugs and crank the engine and do that for atleast a min. after that get your spark plugs cleaned or replaced then get a oil change. it might run abit rough but thats cause of whatever little water might be still in the engine that needs to burn off. as for the intake you might want to look into a hi-flow intake / short ram. once i added that i felt a even bigger differnce in +HP! and now i can be stress free when it rains. also it would also help some to use a fuel system cleaner. also is your check engine soon light on?? cause if your still having problems take your car to autozone and see if they check what codes may come up.. hopefully it wont be the MAF they cost way to much, but if you do have to get one check around for aftermarket before taking it to dealership cause you will pay twice as much there.

hope this helps out some..good luck

Return to “3rd Generation Altima Sedan (2002-2006)”