Cold Air Intake Questions for M37x

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
Darthswan
Car: 2012 M37X
99 Nissan Maxima

This topic was in another thread of mine. I wanted to pull it out and get some opinions. I have a 2012 M and I would like to replace the air filter. I see the selection is currently slim. Stillen and Injen, are all I mainly see. I see a lot for the G37 and 370Z. I saw one in particular from R2C Performance, but they don't make one specifically for M37, just G37 and 370Z. I tried reaching out to them, both phone and email, but no luck.

If you have one, what do you have? How do you like it?

Thanks in advance

Altered
Car: 2013 Infiniti M37x

I'm just going to pick up a used one from the G37 guys and try it, if it works great if not I'll sell it and get my money back. I'm looking to try a Takeda, since I like the design.

Regarding the R2C I can't see it not fitting, it's such a short distance the engine bays appear identical that close to the engine.

Darthswan
99 Nissan Maxima

Altered wrote:I'm just going to pick up a used one from the G37 guys and try it, if it works great if not I'll sell it and get my money back. I'm looking to try a Takeda, since I like the design.

Regarding the R2C I can't see it not fitting, it's such a short distance the engine bays appear identical that close to the engine.
I forgot to mention the Takeda one. I saw it, but again, it was for the g37. I know the M is bigger than the G, but how does the engine compartment compare? Especially when it comes to mounting and support?

I kept comparing engine comparment pictures, they look very similar.

svard75
Car: 06 M35x

Darthswan wrote:This topic was in another thread of mine. I wanted to pull it out and get some opinions. I have a 2012 M and I would like to replace the air filter. I see the selection is currently slim. Stillen and Injen, are all I mainly see. I see a lot for the G37 and 370Z. I saw one in particular from R2C Performance, but they don't make one specifically for M37, just G37 and 370Z. I tried reaching out to them, both phone and email, but no luck.

If you have one, what do you have? How do you like it?

Thanks in advance
I don't think it's a good idea to buy anything from a company who doesn't even answer the phone pre sales. In this era customer service should be the highest in terms of priority. So many companies out there selling the same thing and the one that strives to help is the one that succeeds.

Darthswan
99 Nissan Maxima

/quote]
I don't think it's a good idea to buy anything from a company who doesn't even answer the phone pre sales. In this era customer service should be the highest in terms of priority. So many companies out there selling the same thing and the one that strives to help is the one that succeeds.[/quote]

Yeah, they have pretty much been ruled out. An email and a phone call, no response. Especially when the money is literally burning a whole in my pocket. Business must be very good. Plus the Takeda Attack is cheaper than the R2C.

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”