coilpacks

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
rrotaryrb87
Car: S13 rb25det
87 tII rx7

Anyone know if an sr20 coilpack would work on a series 1 rb25det? I've been having a problem with coilpacks on cyl1 melting i think i vave it fixed but i was wondering if i could throw an sr coil in there to check it to avoid blowing up another rb coil. Ive got some old sr coils lying around and i know they're a different shape what i really need to know is are they different internally as well and would it damage anything if i tried to use them

Gold Digger
Car: Current:
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:
1995 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec Midnight Purple
1990 Nissan Laurel Club S Turbo Two Tone Pearl

Hey! Welcome to NICO.

As for your question, you might have better luck getting an answer in the RB specific forum, which can be found by clicking here.

For future reference, if you have a specific question about an engine, suspension or brakes, for example, just scroll down the page and you'll notice that on the right side of the page, there are links to area specific sub-forums that are easy to navigate.

Hope this helps and you can get the answers you need.

themadscientist
Car: R32 GTR, DR30 RS Turbo, BRZ, Lunchbox, NSR50 Sportster 883 Iron
Location: Staring down at you with disdain from the spooky mountaintop castle.

rrotaryrb87 wrote:Anyone know if an sr20 coilpack would work on a series 1 rb25det?

If you are still bolting the coil valley cover on, don't. Those things need as much air flow as possible. It's hell in there. :frown:

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”