Coilover Configuration, Please help....

Got questions about your Nissan? We're here to help, and it's FREE!
aaa240sx

I had recently bought a set of AroSpeed coilovers. I used the springs (250P) with the red cap in the front. When I lower the vehicle the springs from the coilovers are completely compressed.I heard this can cause my shocks to explode. I haven't installed the coilovers in the rear yet, only the front.

Is it completely compressed because the rear isn't done yet?OrIs it because I'm using the wrong springs on the coilovers?

The set from AroSpeed came with 2 Red Caps, 2 Springs (250P), 2 Springs (450P), 2 Metal Caps, 4 Spring Adjusters.I'm using them on KYB shocks.

Please help me, I'm soo confused.

John-

[email protected]

drjohn

Wish I could help but I've never done this install.You might check the faq board or the 240 technical.

JNM240
Car: 90 Coupe, 90 Hatch (CA18DET)

Only thing i can think of is that the number on the spring (250, 450) represents the load of the spring maybe? In that case, the 450 should go up front and the 250 in the rear. Unless they are different size (diameter) springs. Again, ive never done coilovers, just regular springs on MacPhearson struts.

Two-Forty

maybe you should try calling Aerospeed themselves and tell them your application, they should know the problem if they sold you the product for your car.

Return to “Nissan Online Mechanic”