Coil over choices

Forum for Nissan wheel fitment, tire selection, suspension setup and brake discussions.
Exar-Kun
Car: 2005 350Z

P7000 is a bad-*** tire for the money. P6000 I had on my 300ZX for a while. You wont be dissapointed with a p7k.-chet

FrEaK
Car: Boosted D21 Pickup

Matt - Yea i forgot about kumho... they actually produce decent r compounds for cheap and those are no exception... i might throw a pair of those on my biatch for track days.. lots of people dont like kumho because of whatever reason.. but you can't go wrong with them...

Keyy - Kicks balls? Note to Self: Stay away from Keyy and his kumhos for fear of testicular kickage... :)

captain nismo

I'm gonna keep using the stock wheels and tires for the winter months, but i'm gonna get 17's and new tires for those. The 17" tires are the ones i'm wondering about. The parada's look good, so i'm kinda leaning that way. I saw some nice advan wheels yesterday on the web. Advan's are pretty good quality right? There probably pricey like the volk's though hey? anyways back to the suspension question, does anyone have the JIC FLT A2 coil overs for a S13 f/b? I wanna know how much they drop and how much better the suspension feels.ThanksChris

Exar-Kun

They're coilovers, you can lower your car to your liking. Parada is a good tire, see the tire review in the FAQ for more details.

ADVAN wheels are very nice, quality wheels, on par with VOLK, and some say even better, but they cost a butt-load unless you got some kind of hook-up or find a "salvage" pair off a imported 1/2 cut or something.-chet

mattback
Car: being a big f'ng ricer

Exar-Kun wrote:Parada is a good tire, -chet

You've got to be kidding me!!?!

1) they arent in any good sizes2) they are way too slick to be good, par at best.3) they are noisey as hell!!!

Exar-Kun

You are mistaken. the parada Spec-2 isnt noisey, and is a grippy tire, ask jerome or anyone thats had them on their car. I've personally never had a set but if the reviews I recieve are right, its a damn good tire if you can get it in your size, especially considering the cost.

"too slick to be good"? yo mean the treadblocks are too big, too swept? have you had those tires?

I've driven on them in a S13, a civic(yeah, I know...) and a prelude, every time I didnt notice noise, but it was a sticky tire, and I've gotten good reviews of it from the customers. also, not to pick fights but:"lots of people dont like kumho because of whatever reason.. but you can't go wrong with them..."

yes you can. The R compounds are not too bad, but their street tires are crap. The mold quality, compounds used, and quality controll is bunk, I see more vibration and out-of-round problems from kumhos people bring in than any other tire. -chet

240_Keyy
Car: '90 240 Fastback

well personally I have had three sets of 215/40 17 Kumho Supra 712's and have not had any problems with any of the tires. Of course I could just be lucky.

FrEaK

Thats why i said r compounds, Victoryracers and 712's, are great tires for the money... remeber kumho is still a new company.. they'll get better...

Dori Dori
Car: Cars of course

Exar-Kun wrote:ADVAN wheels are very nice, quality wheels, on par with VOLK, and some say even better, but they cost a butt-load unless you got some kind of hook-up or find a "salvage" pair off a imported 1/2 cut or something.-chet

I have to disagree with that. Advans are not forged. Give me the Volks!

FrEaK

Unless your serious about racing or you have uber amounts of cash, forget Volks... they are for serious racers.... get a nice set of 5zigen or someting... decent weight, decent price, decent looks... not to flashy but they get you around...

Exar-Kun

Not all VOLK wheels are forged either, but Im sure advan offers some forged wheels....

I have VOLKS though....w00t.-chet

FrEaK

Exar owns j00... err... your wheels anyways...

Exar-Kun

:ylsuper

ehehehe. oooh..I found pirelli P-zero corsca R-compound DOT approved tires for my car....w00t. That'll be going on once i get all my cooling-problems resolved.-chet

w00t for good quality light wheels....

captain nismo

Ok. I'v narrowed my wheels choice's down to a few. Either konig flatline in black opal, Racing Harts or 5zigens. Any one have any of these or know how they look on a 240 fastback?Chris

cosmo

captain nismo wrote:The two coilovers that i am trying to decide between are the JiC-Magic FLT-A2's or the A'pexi N1 Pro coilovers.

Is anyone gonna answer this? I know that the JIC's are really good but I've been looking for info on the Apexi's and haven't really found anything. Please Help!

Return to “Nissan Tires, Wheels, Brakes and Suspension”