Coil on 2006 Titan

Covering the 2003-2015 first-gen and 2016+ Titan and Titan XD lineup
rcnorth
Car: 2006 Nissan Titan

The coil on my 2006 Titan gets hot it gets so hot that it burns out and wreaks the coil. Can anyone help?

seang
Car: Ford Fiesta ST

Is it too close to an exhaust header/manifold? Too much heat could compromise the electrical insulation of the coil, causing it to arc. Get a list of recalls for your truck in case its a design flaw. If its losing spark because of a short, you will need more than a handheld diagnostic tool to check that. Electrical bugs can be a nightmare to figure out on your own, so I don't reccomend just going through and replacing lots of parts that aren't bad anyways, I have done that before and spent a few hundred dollars on stuff that already worked.

Big-Bird
Car: 2000 Xterra on 'Roids & 2004 Quest SL

There is something wrong if a coil is getting so hot it burns itself out. That simply should not happen. Hell a coil is just big roll of foil with an iron rod in the middle to step up 12 volts to 30,000+ volts. Sounds like a bad short to me.

Since you are in Alberta, MY PART OF THE WORLD, I am going to highly suggest you contact a dealer. Talk to Cam at Sunridge Nissan Parts in Calgary. He's the best Nissan parts guy I know and he's seen it all!

Here's their toll free number. 1 (800) 665-4954

Return to “Nissan Titan Forum”