Codes came and gone...what now

A forum for the Nissan Armada, Infiniti QX56, and beginning in 2014, the Infiniti QX80
abnranger67
Car: 2008 Infinity QX56

Hey guys I have a 2008 QX56 with 123000 miles on it. Two days ago the service engine soon light came on. I went to Advance Auto and they found three codes, P1705, P0133, and P0153. This morning the light was still on, then tonight the light went away. I had already planned to take it to my mechanic for him to fix it. Now that the check engine light is gone, what should I do? Should I go ahead and just buy the parts (which I don't know what parts will fix those codes), or wait for the check engine light to come back on? If any of you had these codes, what fixed it? I could probably get a jump and go ahead and replace those parts with hope the light won't come back. I appreciate any input, thanks in advance.

marctronixx

the system will log the codes so if you connect a scan tool you will see the listed fault codes that still linger.

the shop will see these codes. since you already know the codes you have a good idea on what to look for.

this model car is the same as a armada of the same year so search around with "nissan" and those codes to get more results.

p1705 "nissan" is throttle position sensor. you may be able to reset this using the accelerator pedal re-learn trick (on the internet and this forum).

P0133 NISSAN O2 Sensor Circuit Slow Response Bank 1 -- could be faulty sensor (wiring or damaged sensor)

P0153 NISSAN O2 Sensor Circuit Slow Response Bank 2 -- same as above. perhaps both are in need of replacement.

also check manifold for exhaust leaks (quite common on this model) and head over to x dot infinitihelp dot com and look up the tsb's to see if there are any for your model year.

Return to “Armada Forum / QX56 Forum / QX80 Forum”