Code 45 solved w/BPT service?

General discussion area for the U13-chassis Altima
Matt Cook

My 93 KA24DE w/181,000 miles would intermittently stall at idle and the CEL would go on and off intermittently. I got codes 32 (EGR) and 45 (Injector leak) and I knew the small hose under the BPT was cracked so I replaced it and cleaned out the metal line below that it leads to. So far no more stalling or CEL, but while I understand how the bad hose and dirty line could cause the code 32, it seems odd that the code 45 issue seems to have gone away too (not that I am complaining).

Could the bad hose and dirty line under the BPT cause the code 45, and could doing what I did therefore eliminate the cause of the code 45?

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

Some injector issues are intermittent as if the internals are sticky. Maybe you moved some wires? Maybe try some of that injector cleaner in the fuel tank snake oil stuff. Get a voltmeter and check the Ohms resistance of each injector to see if one might be out of whack. If the code comes back, check again at that time.

Also, it seems that a vacuum leak might have been fixed. Vacuum leaks have been known to cause all kinds of weird engine symptoms and check engine lights.

Return to “1st Generation Altima Sedan (1993-1997)”