Coastline shots

Hiking, fishing, hunting, boating, biking, travel and recreation-related discussion forum
frapjap
Car: '99 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
'07 Subaru Legacy

Took a drive out to Newport with the T's off. I got a sunburn on my face and these good shots.

^ I wanna get busy down there! Mmmmmmm.

There ARE waves in RI.

Wussy ones

Took that while taking a leak in natures bathroom.

Looooong walk.

Tidepool.

This little bugger looked dead when I found him. He was all dry and panting. I splashed water on him and he started howling and barking. I tried to get closer, but was afraid of getting bit, so I splashed him some more. He was definitely hurt and made his way (slowly) into the bay.

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin
Car: 2017 Corvette, 2018 Focus ST, 1993 240sx truck KA Turbo.

did you get to hit up Purgatory Chasm, or any of the mansions?I got busy in a cove like that in Narragansett...

frapjap
Car: '99 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
'07 Subaru Legacy

I have been to Narragansett yet. I am supposed to be buying another camaro down there, so hopefully I can get to take it for a little ride before I sell it.

My lady and I did a tour in one of the mansions down the street from the Marble House. The original owner used to occupy a TON of land in Newport- he used to keep giraffes, lions, zebras, and such on it. He had a SOLID GOLD CARRIAGE!!! Even the damned WHEELS were gold, not just the rims!

I LOVE that school over there too. Rich chicks+hot cars+daddy's money= total babe/sugar mama.

Purgatory rocks, that was one of the first places we went to when we moved here. I've been wanting to go back but every Sunday seems to have some sort of activity scheduled in its place.

Where else could you reccomend in the surrounding area? We've been to Mystic- a short trip, didn't really poke around much though...

srpowered240sx
Car: 90 240sx-sr, 92 F-150, 00 bmw 323ci, 1991 s13 coupe, 99 F250 Dsl

i'll play along...

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin

sorry frapjap, I didn't see your reply. Surrounding area like what. Mystic is kinda far for "surrounding Area". I replied in one of your other threads, but I suggested Little Compton. In Narragansett, from points North, from Route 1, you'll come to a big intersection. A Mobil will be there, and I think they were putting in a mini mall when I left (will be on your right). There will be a big log tower on your left. Make that Left (Bridgetown Rd I THINK). Climb that bigass log tower (free). It's got a pretty good view. If you go down Bridgetown Road, you will eventually go back up until you link up with Scenic Route 1A (Boston Neck Road). Take a right there. There will be a Brook's and Dunkin Donuts on your left. My father's bike shop will also be on the left. Keep going down this road until you see Brickley's Ice Cream (on left). Get a cone, its fantastic. Continue going down the road, its veeerrrry beautiful in the summer. There is a bridge called "Sprague Bridge" and you will get some of the most amazing pictures at sunset. keep going until you get to the beach and see a gazebo and a big twin spire castle/tower type looking thing. Take that left and continue to follow the ocean. If you keep going all the way down that road for quite a while, you should get to a lighthouse somewhere. Thats pretty much the nice part of Naragansett right there. From the lighthouse you can take route 108 (I think) back. When you hit a water tower you will see an incredibly long straight road. This is known as "the escape road" to the locals, and is generally where races and top speed runs are made. If you go down that you can get to the Block Island Ferry's and stuff. Block Island is pretty nice if you've never been there. Christopher Walkin lives there.

If you like seafood swing by Cap'n Jack's. I worked there for 6 years and we won best Fish n Chips and best Lobster Roll more times than I can count. Thats really all I can think of right now man, I haven't been there in a pretty long time.

srpowered:Your shots are amazing and look like they are straight out of the goonies.

Theres me and my car at Capn Jacks last year before I left.

Theres pictures from the roof of my parent's house when I went home for Christmas. That was right before we tore it up and re-roofed it.

yeah... the Narragansett Bikes truck Those are all from the family beach house in Little Compton. Normally there isn't that much sea weed on the beach though.

srpowered240sx
Car: 90 240sx-sr, 92 F-150, 00 bmw 323ci, 1991 s13 coupe, 99 F250 Dsl

PapaSmurf2k3 wrote:
srpowered:Your shots are amazing and look like they are straight out of the goonies.
goonies??

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin

yeah, I meant that in a good way. You know, at the end, when they are all on the beach, and theres all those cool rocks and **** in the water, then that GIANT pirate ship comes out, and is all "DYAARRRRR"

hah no really though, your pics look better but it looks like you took them where the goonies was filmed.

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin

Alright frapjap, this is "Gansett", the twin spire thingamajig.

Return to “The Great Outdoors”