Clutch Woes

Discuss topics related to the CA18DE and CA18DET series engines.
Bryson
Car: 93 240sx Hatchback /w Sr20

Hey guys, I just ordered an ACT clutch for the 91-94 KA to use with my CA when the swap is done this summer. Well Enjuku says its a two week backorder and that the SPEC clutch is better than the ACT and they sell them 25-1. I know the ACT fits, I know that Dauntt and those who have the CA swapped all say ACT. Whats your take on this? Should I just wait the two weeks and get the ACT like I think I should, or will the SPEC even fit the CA and will it perform better/longer.

Also is there some reason why putting the KA clutch into the CA is a dumb idea? I ask this because a lot of time I see it refrenced that the ACT KA clutch will fit the CA, then I see ohh SR20 clutch SR20 flywheel! I do not have the extra 400 for the flywheel right now so I can't go with the SR clutch/flywheel.. my KA clutch will perform just fine for a daily driven car aimed at 280-300HP and 240-260 Torque (@ the flywheel)

nomore_mr2

get the spec. they are awesome clutches and usaully a little cheaper. the pedal feel is incredible and isnt rough on trannies like act is. if a act fits then a spec will fit also. remember these are all oem replaceable clutchs so the only variation will be in disc material and pressuer plate stiffness.

Return to “CA18DE / CA18DET Forum”