Clutch/transmission problems

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
Brnjac
Car: 2002 Pathfinder Chilkoot 5 speed manual

Hi all,

I have a 2002 Pathfinder 5 speed manual. Has been a good vehicle to me and I'd like to keep it going. On Sunday I went to leave and stalled the car a few times. This was weird to me so I decided to take my foot off the clutch and try again. Well my clutch pedal was stuck to the floor, so I pulled it back, put it in gear and it took off (a bit jerky). Changing gears was fine other than first. It only seemed to stick in first. So I figured it was a hydraulic issue, took everything apart (Master, slave, flushed lineset). The hydraulics are good, put it back together, bled it, and now it's even worse! I have no clutch action at all! So I replaced the MC and slave in hopes that was the issue. Nope. It turns out my clutch isn't springing back to push the slave cylinder. If I push it by hand the pedal pops back up. It's not looking good is it? I think my issue might be the throwout bearing, but it did not make any weird noises before it went. I used to notice a very faint noise in neutral with no clutch engaged, the noise would go away when I engaged the clutch. This was a very faint noise and it could've been normal, I don't know. The guy I bought it off said the clutch was done about a year ago. Maybe they didn't do the throw out bearing or I just mucked it up (first standard vehicle).

If I need to do a throw out bearing/clutch, how difficult is it on the r50 platform? I am looking at the exedy KNS07 kit.

Thanks in advance

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”