clutch

A great resource for Nissan Sentra, Infiniti G20, 200sx, Pulsar, NX1600, NX2000, Tsuru, Primera and Sunny owners.
dixjo
Car: drums, computers, cars

Hey guys, Im getting a new clutch for my car (95 200sx, ga16de) because the stock clutch is going out. Eventually I plan to drop an sr20det into it. My question is, if I get a good clutch now, will i be able to use it when i do the motor swap?

Thanks

240sxJay

Nope not really, better do the motor swap before you get the clutch :P

OneFastStanza
Car: '02 SE-R Spec V, '92 Stanza, '97 Maxima, '04 Vue Redline. '04 F250

If you plan on swapping the motor just buy a OEM clutch now cause it will be cheaper. I am pretty sure the tranny will not swap from the GA to the SR threfore the clutch wouldn't be swapable.

dixjo

Well, as it turns out, the clutch didn't last as long as I was hoping. I ordered an ACT clutch, but about a week before I get the part, my clutch goes out...so...lots of fun. Thanks for the replies!

dixjo

I went ahead and ordered an aftermarket clutch b/c I won't be able to do the motor swap for some time. (Im a broke college kid) so anyway...i got an ACT clutch kit. It was kinda funny, when i got it...it was bright yellow so it matched my interior (yeah...my roommate and I got bored one day)...but yeah....I just got finished installing it, and after only 10 minutes of test driving, (though i was driving careful so I can make sure to break it in properly) I can already tell a huge difference from the stock part...Im gonna like it alot!

Return to “Sentra Forum / Infiniti G20 Forum / Pulsar / NX Forum”