Clutch Suggestions

Nissan 350z / Nissan 370z general community discussion forum
LucyOwner08
Car: 2008 350Z

Hello guys,

I'm new to the site and forums so forgive me if I break any rules. I have a 2008 350Z.
Lucy's Specs:
VQ35DE fully forged rotating assemply, ported and posilished with head studs not bolts
UpRev MAF GT and reflash
Deatschwerks 1000cc injectors and fuel pump / E85 only
XTD clutch and stock flywheel
Turbonetics 63mm kit@10lbs/15lbs/18lbs
AEM boost contoller
The exhaust I'm unsure becuase it was on the car when I bought it but I know it has a set of headers and true dual pipes all the way to the rear and no CATS
Full Vielside kit
Z rated 20inch tires
If more specs are needed let me know and I'll attempt to get the info you need. The problem I have is the car is doing roughly 394whp(not bhp) @10lbs, 444whp@15lbs and it managed to make one pull 515whp@18lbs. Afterwards we cut the CATS offf but we didn't make anymore dyno runs. The tuner said judging by the CATS we should gain roughly 30whp with them gone. When we have the car set to 18lbs the clutch can't take it and ends up over heating due to it slipping a lot and we have to shut it down. So my question is what clutch does the community recommend I use that can handle the 500+whp?

BusyBadger
Car: '92 240SX, '05 350Z, '13 Juke

That's more power than most, if not all, of the Z owners here are pushing. That being said, I've heard good things about the higher capacity stuff from ACT and always heard good things about South Bend as well but font know anyone running any if their stuff.

Welcome to NICO! :badger

LucyOwner08
Car: 2008 350Z

Thank you for the welcome and reply. I will have a look at ACT and South Bend. I hope I will be able to find a setup at reasonable price as I worried I will look into either custom FAB or super high end components.

Return to “350z / 370z Discussion”