clutch slave cylinder not actuating

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
Ayyzee9
Car: 2003 Infiniti g35 coupe

Hello there. My g35 coupe has been having some clutch pedal issues. It's summer in Vegas and I know pedals sticking to the ground and not coming back up is pretty common in the summer. Any way, I noticed my clutch fluid was pretty nasty so I was on my way to buy brake fluid to flush it out. As I was driving my pedal just stuck the ground and I noticed a leak coming from the slave cylinder. So I decided to change out both the master and slave cylinders, but as I was trying to bleed it, I noticed I was hardly getting any fluid if any to bleed out, and the slave cylinder was not actuating at all. Anyone know what may be the possible culprit, this clutch pedal sinking to the floor is giving me a headache. Thanks.

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

Hey, you should use the instructions for bleeding (and parts replacement) in the FSM. You don't have a clutch booster, so it should be pretty straight forward. Anyway, here's a link to all the FSM chapters. Take a look at CL chapter for clutch details.

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/G35/Coupe/2003/

ca18det_boy

On the G's and Z's you need to bench bleed the master cylinder first. If you don't do that, then you're just chasing your tail.

Ayyzee9

ca18det_boy wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:43 pm
On the G's and Z's you need to bench bleed the master cylinder first. If you don't do that, then you're just chasing your tail.
Thanks. I think I might of got Air in the lines by trying to bleed it the old fashion way. Do you think if I use a pressure bleeder it might work?

ca18det_boy

It might work that way, I just let gravity do the trick for me. Another thing you can do if you plan on keeping the car for awhile is there's a wilwood master cylinder kit for our cars. It includes a braided clutch line that eliminates the rats nest of tubing for the clutch system. I installed that kit awhile back and never looked back. It's been amazing in the Phoenix heat, I feel your pain man....

Ayyzee9

ca18det_boy wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:53 pm
It might work that way, I just let gravity do the trick for me. Another thing you can do if you plan on keeping the car for awhile is there's a wilwood master cylinder kit for our cars. It includes a braided clutch line that eliminates the rats nest of tubing for the clutch system. I installed that kit awhile back and never looked back. It's been amazing in the Phoenix heat, I feel your pain man....
Thanks man I appreciate the help. I'll definitely look into the kit. And do you think I can bleed the entire system if I gravity bleed it lol you said? Thanks again.

ca18det_boy

You can, I just don't know how long it would take. With mine I just cracked the bleeder valve open a little, put a pan under it, topped off the reservoir and let it sit over night. That wilwood kit is amazing though man...before you go through the bleeding hassle I really really recommend you look into it. Plus it makes bleeding it a breeze.

Ayyzee9

ca18det_boy wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:59 am
You can, I just don't know how long it would take. With mine I just cracked the bleeder valve open a little, put a pan under it, topped off the reservoir and let it sit over night. That wilwood kit is amazing though man...before you go through the bleeding hassle I really really recommend you look into it. Plus it makes bleeding it a breeze.
Definitely will look into that wilwood kit. Thanks again. I really appreciate it.

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”