clutch prob

Discuss topics related to the VG and VE series engines.
quiksilvia
Car: 95 s14 se

my frineds 300z tt with 135k is said to be in the need for some vacuum thing for his clutch assist. he can get the parts at cost and we're fairly knowledgable when it comes to cars. so the question is -is this very hard to do-the dealership said 5 hrs labor and 400 for the part to make 943 total dollars, another place said 2 hrs so can we do it in like 3 for a total of 25o dollars or what? thanks

Mayhem_J30
Car: Ummm...My Car

I'm not sure how hard it is to get to but it's probably attached to the firewall somewhere directly in front of the pedals. The clutch booster is connected to the master cylinder some how and then the booster is connected to the engine.

What's wrong with his clutch? What's the symptoms?

quiksilvia

its hard to push in the cluth and he said that he can hear the pressure escaping. the dealership said that this was the prob

boileralum00
Car: 94 Miata, 95 FZR600R

It could just be a vacuum line or the check valve failing. If it is the booster (definitely possible w/ those miles), you guys should be able to change it out without too much difficulty. I'm not sure if there is a good writeup on twinturbo.net for changing the booster or not, but it would probably be well worth your time to search for "clutch booster" in the Technical forum on that site.

quiksilvia

he goes to that site all the time so if its there he has found it. thanks for the help

Return to “VG30 / VE30 Forum”