Clutch Pedal vibrations

The G-Series Tuning Forum is the place to discuss G35/G37 performance modifications and mechanical repair.
Valenti

I know I'm still getting the "feel" of this car, but wanted to find out if this was "normal."

First, I notice a bit of roughness (vibration) transmitted through the clutch pedal, when pedal is partially depressed. Seems to be RPM related, not speed-related. It's noticable while shifting. Not sure if this is engine vibration or if the throwout bearing has some issues.

Also, I can feel my wipers (no kidding) through the clutch pedal. With wipers on intermitant and clutch depressed (say at a traffic light), there's a definite "whomp-whomp" coming through the pedal with each arc of the wipers. Not a crisis, but I'm not sure if this is "normal."

Lastly, when the HVAC is set to floor, air still comes out of the vents, though it's only a small amount.

Your experiences are welcome!

C-Kwik
Car: 2013 Chevy Volt, 1991 Honda CRX DX

I'm certain the vibration in the pedal is normal. It feels very similar to what I had felt when I had removed a vibration damper on a 240sx I owned years ago. It's likely just some minor vibration from the transmission. I have it too. It becomes more transparent as you get used to it.

Wipers being felt through the clutch is a new one to me. I'll try to observe if mine does this at all the next time I use the wipers.

I don't have any problems with air coming out of the vents when set to the floor. If it's significant, you might want to have the dealer check it out. Maybe something is stuck in the flaps that divert air.

Return to “G35 and G37 Engine, Drivetrain & Tuning”