Clutch Pedal Question

Nissan 350z / Nissan 370z technical discussion forum: Maintenance, performance, installations, modifications, how-to's and troubleshooting.
mrwrolguy
Car: 2004 White 350z Touring Edition

Clutch Pedal Question

Postby mrwrolguy » Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:49 pm

2004 350z less than 5k on new clutch... pedal started getting stuck halfway... So I replaced the dreaded clutch master and external slave... I bleed the entire system of over a period of 2 hrs... Got all the air basically cycled fluid till no air bubbles appeared in my bleeder bottle.... Clutch pedal feels softer than it did the old master had so much crud and crap I dont know how it even worked... So to the main question my pedal is catching about 2'' from the floor... Is that normal? Because the old master was going out...and the old master would catch towards the top. Or do I need to readjust the plunger... I measured the old and set it the same length. I would like the pedal to catch about mid way on the pedal throw... Do I need to adjust the plunger longer or shorter...

Thanks for any input.. Im part of the facebook crowd and they all will scream PARTOUT.. :lolling:

mrwrolguy

Re: Clutch Pedal Question

Postby mrwrolguy » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:39 pm

"FIXED" changed clutch master / slave bleed system. After a few drives pedal reset feels normal now.

mrwrolguy

Re: Clutch Pedal Question

Postby mrwrolguy » Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:55 am

I wanted to come back and update... After replacing the clutch slave and master and rebleeding using dot 4 clutch pedal got soft again after hard driving in hot weather... Plus my cats were toast creating additiional heat.... brake fluid was still boiling creating the soft pedal... I solved my issue by installing test pipes and running Brembo DOT 5 fluid it was like 17 bux for a small bottle but after flushing the dot 4 out and replacing with dot 5 I have had no more issues with clutch pedal.

Return to “350z / 370z Technical”