Clutch not fully disengaging

Discuss topics related to the VH41DE, VH45DE, VK45DE, and VK56DE engines.
funnygas
Car: 1991 Skyline GTS-t 4 Door
- VH45DE swap (in progress)
1995 Subaru Impreza WRX STi Type RA

Seems to be the last big hurdle in this swap for me. I cannot get the clutch to work properly. I have had it ok at points.. but never good. Currently with motor #3... It still will not disengage and I cannot put the car in gear.

I am using a 1/4" trans adapter, and a 5/8" (I think) flywheel spacer made for me by a friend doing the same swap. I am running an ACT HD 6 puck unsprung Z32 clutch and Fidanza 10lb flywheel. The starter lines up just fine. I am using an Altima clutch master that matches up to the stock location and is the same bore and stroke as the OEM R32 GTS-t unit. I am using the RB20 clutch slave which is identical to the Z32 unit. I have an extended fork that goes from the clutch pedal to the master, as well as an extended rod from the slave to the clutch fork. I was using the RB20 release bearing sleeve, which I swapped for the taller Z32 unit. the clutch hydraulic system is bled and air free.

I am so beyond lost at this point as to why I cannot get this to work, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Return to “VH45DE / VK45DE / VK56DE Forum”