Clutch Issue - Caused by CPS?

In 2014, the G37 Sedan became Infiniti Q50. G37 Coupe and Convertible became Infiniti Q60 under Infiniti's new naming structure - Here's the place to discuss the Q50 and Q60!
And Beyond
Car: '14 Q60 IPL and '08 Altima Coupe 3.5

I recently purchased a 2014 Q60 IPL, 6-Speed and I love the car. It was a great upgrade to my '08 Altima 3.5.

I am however disappointed in the clutch. It has a strikingly similar resemblance to my old 2002 Altima 2.5 clutch (which sucked). In traffic you cannot leave it in first or the car attempts to "buck." That being said, my 2002 Altima did this exact thing and it turned out to be the crankshaft position sensor but it didn't start doing this until the car had well over 100K miles, when my current Q60 has 40K..

I am assuming (and you know what they say about assuming) that they would've fixed the issue in the newer cars. Is anyone else having this issue in their Q60? I'd hate to throw a crank position sensor on it for no reason.

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

Welcome to Nico Club! Has the clutch ever been worked on? Maybe the engagement point is out of whack. So, clutch pedal adjustment and maybe a bleed will fix it.

And Beyond
Car: '14 Q60 IPL and '08 Altima Coupe 3.5

Thanks, always glad to be a part of another helpful forum.

The clutch hasn't had any work done to it. Normally I would assume something was out of adjustment also, like you mentioned, but it felt extremely similar to what my old Altima did when the crank position sensor was bad. I will bleed the system and if to no avail then an upgraded clutch might do the trick.

Before I go thru much trouble I wonder if anyone else has had this issue?

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

Maybe the car doesn't know it's idling in neutral, so the neutral position switch might not be sending signal. I'm not sure. I know you can download the FSM and look into it here:
http://www.nicoclub.com/archives/use-ni ... abase.html

Return to “Infiniti Q50 / Q60 Forum”