CLUTCH AND FLYWHEEL REPLACEMENT ON 2.5S 4DR ALTIMA

General discussion area for the L32-chassis Altima
Seniorv1029
Car: 2007 Nissan Altima 2.5S 6 SPEED MT
2007 BMW M5 6 SPEED MT

Hello everyone,
I need help on knowing which parts i would need for a clutch and flywheel replacement on my 2007 Altima 2.5s. It's a 4dr sedan NOT a coupe. I was also wondering if there are any diys on this forum to replace the clutch/flywheel. The shops ive been to have quoted me over $2k for parts/labor!!! I wont mind tackling a job like this if there are good diys on here. Please help!
Thanks in advance!

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

Hmm, I was once quoted 2k for a clutch in my 240sx. I was shocked. However, for the same task, it was only $600 elsewhere. So, step 1 seems to be getting more quotes. I had it done for me once, but all other times, I've done it myself. I'm pretty sure they re-use the flywheel bolts and slave cylinder, so it's not as good of a job. Parts being about $150 for clutch kit, flywheel bolts, a slave cylinder, plus maybe $40 for a resurfaced flywheel. Give or take a bit. The technical instruction for your task would be spelled out in the FSM which you can download through our site (see the Service Manuals link at the top of the forum page or look here: http://www.nicoclub.com/service-manual? ... ma/2007/cl). I didn't really use the FSM for my work flow, just for the torque specs on the bolts. I just dove into it mostly and visited a write up or two as needed. I am not finding a write up for yours very easily. Perhaps that will require further searching. Looks like your kit (from Exedy) is about $240 and includes the slave cylinder. That was an easy search. I was searching around and found there could be an issue with your master cylinder and maybe it needs to be replaced as well. Something about a recall or technical service bulletin. You should look into that. This is one of those 'while-you're-in-there' jobs, like maybe look at replacing engine and tranny seals, while you're in there. I also read some places you'll either be dropping the front sub-frame parts or lifting the engine out. I'm not experienced in that, but renting and engine hoist might be a deal breaker. If dropping the sub-frame happens, an alignment afterwards is likely to be added to your expenses. The more I look, the more of a PITA this appears to be. I'm only scratching the surface of information as I'm just doing searches for you. I'm really hoping someone with more practical and maybe even shade tree experience can help with acceptable corners to cut and easier access to the clutch internals. And of course, it would be great if you'd share your findings with us. Welcome to NicoClub!

Return to “4th Generation Altima Sedan (2007-2012)”