Clutch advise: 93TT - JWT, SZP/RPS or clutchmasters

The Nissan 300ZX (Z32) general community discussion forum
frldyz
Car: '93 300ZX TT

* 1st post.

Just purchased a 93 TT. Currently it has the dual pop intake with SEILIN MAF. Blitz boost controller and power meter ID?

Shipping from TX. But before shipped will be having:
Downpipes, hi flow cat, cat-back exhaust, intercoolers, upgraded oil coolers.

61k miles. Recent 60k maint. and new fuel injectors.

I will be having the clutch replaced before havinh it shipped. There are no current issues with the clutch but it is 27 years old and with these new mods I should do it before it wears out.
Also Austin Z clinic is right there.

Can anyone suggest a clutch. In the past on my 90 TT I had a stage 3 clutchmasters clutch I think. and I have been happy with it.

So I'm looking @ JWT, SZP / RPS Max Street or a clutch Masters.

*** I do NOT plan to do any racing, auto-x, 1/4 miles etc... This is a spring/summer car that will be driven likely less then 3,000 miles a year.
It will be driven with respect with the "occasional" ..... uhmm.... shall we say pedal to the floor.

I'm looking fo something that is easy and forgiving to work with. I don't want a challenge with my tranny when driving. I don't want grinding or funny sounds.

Im just looking for something that is easy to drive on the street. Comfortable on the foot. And can hold a little more power once I add an ECU.

Thank you

**** Yes I have done many and many and many searches. But most of the results are out dated.

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

You can't go wrong with the JWT unit or ClutchMasters units.

I've also installed several units from SPEC Clutches, and they've always been great (enough so that we brought them on as a sponsor).

NolimitZ32
Car: 91 AG2 2+0 TTMT swap/E39 BMW 540i6/E53 4.6is Dinan S3

As the clutch by design should be the weakest link your drivetrain (because its cheaper to replace a clutch than a transmission), you should be looking at what your target torque output is and sourcing a clutch based on that. If this is going to be a weekend car with no or very little performance driving I would suggest a sprung pressure plate for driveability. Trusted clutch brands are JWT, Spec, RPS, Southbend, Specilaty Z, Clutch Master.

Return to “300ZX (Z32) General”