clunking with left turn signal on

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
lambchop67
Car: 2013 Nissan Rogue

2013 Rogue --- Wondering if anyone has experienced and solved. My left turn signal started blinking fast inside the car and when I am at a stopped position there is a clunking noise that alternates from the drivers to passengers side that is pretty loud. I have not pinpointed where the noise is coming from. It only happens when I turn on the left turn signal and am stopped. The bulbs on the signal are lit but are also blinking faster than the right ones. Any help??

wyfesROGUE
Car: 2013 Rogue

I'm researching a similar problem.

I have learned so far there is not a 'relay' for our flashers, and everything goes through the body control module. It is possible (but I am not sure yet) the thing uses a click tone in the speaker system somehow.

My wife's also blinks fast left only, both bulbs are equally bright, and I am noticing when I return the wheel to center sometimes the headlights wink off and then back on for a fraction of a second.

IN the old days, a fast blink was a warning to the operator that a bulb was out. Maybe there is something the BCM doesn't like and that triggers the fast blink mode. (Just guessing, started researching this yesterday after I pulled into the auto parts store to buy bulbs and they were both working...)

Veaux
Car: 2011/Rogue/SL

I have that fast blinker on the right side (front). I'm not hearing the clunking noise thought so my problem could be different than yours but worth checking.

The root cause of mine is a bad connection between the blinker bulb socket (combination bulb) and the harness connector. If I wiggle the connection while it is in fast blink, it resolves for some time (gently pulling / pushing) the cables. The issue could be the cable by itself close to that terminal or an issue with the terminal within the connector (harness side) but I was not able to push the terminals out the connector so I couldn't try to repair.

That an easy troubleshooting try to do the same and see if it makes any change. Those intermintent electrical problems are a pain to pinpoint and solve.

zengshengliu
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL

Do you have the HID light on your Rogue?
I have a similar issue where there is a short/bad connection on one of my turn signal light bulb socket, which cause the adjustable headlight aiming motor to turn on and continue to move after it reach the end of the adjustment when the turn signal is activated. This cause the headlight aiming system to move up, and bounce back after it went past the adjustment point, making the clunk noise. I resolve the issue by replacing the turn signal bulb socket which was rusted by the weather.
As to why a short/bad connection in the turn signal socket activate the headlight aiming motor, I have no idea.

Danrouge
Car: 2011 Rouge SL

I am having the same problem with the clunking noise when blinker is on anyone ever find out what causes this

Veaux
Car: 2011/Rogue/SL

Veaux wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 7:25 am
I have that fast blinker on the right side (front). I'm not hearing the clunking noise thought so my problem could be different than yours but worth checking.

The root cause of mine is a bad connection between the blinker bulb socket (combination bulb) and the harness connector. If I wiggle the connection while it is in fast blink, it resolves for some time (gently pulling / pushing) the cables. The issue could be the cable by itself close to that terminal or an issue with the terminal within the connector (harness side) but I was not able to push the terminals out the connector so I couldn't try to repair.

That an easy troubleshooting try to do the same and see if it makes any change. Those intermintent electrical problems are a pain to pinpoint and solve.
FYI. Just got mine fixed by my mechanic. They replaced the socket and the connector, put new terminals on the 3 wires of the harness etc... problem went away. It was a short between the lines at the connection.

Return to “Rogue Forum”