clunking noise-front right

Shocks, springs, sway bars, coliovers, bushings, brakes, wheels, tires - This is the place to discuss G-Series suspension modifications!
crazyboy3012
Car: 2003 Infiniti G35 Sedan

Hello,

The past few days I have been getting a clunking noise from the front right hand side every time i press the brake pedal. If i do a stop-go-stop-go i get cunk-clunk-clunk. Basically everytime i press the brake there is a noise.

In the recent past I have replaced the front lower control arm bushings (bushings only both sides), compression rod (entire rod both sides), links on both sides, tie rod outer ends on both sides. The rotors and brake pads (akebono) are fairly new as well.

About a month or so ago, i started getting the clicking noise everytime I press the brake. The noise seems to originate from the front right side.This was right after i got the compression rods installed. I took it back to the garage and the technician got the car up on the lift and thoroughly checked the suspension in my presence and everything seemed allright. He said it could be my front right calipers. I thought my front right calipers has failed and replaced it with a new one today and and guess what...the noise is still there. Its driving me nuts. I cannot imagine what could be causing this noise.

Can you guys think of anything else that could be causing this noise?

Appreciate your help !!!

crazyboy3012
Car: 2003 Infiniti G35 Sedan

Update,

Got an allignment done today at canadian tire. The technician found out that the lower control arm on the RHS was slightly loose and was the cause of the noise. He tightened it and told me that he tightened other suspension parts as well. Thankfully the noise is gone but cost me 43$ just for tightening the components. Not very happy about it but alteast the car runs smooth like before and there is no clunking sound while breaking or going over the pothole.

I do feel like an idiot for spending 100$ for the RHS caliper and 50 $ for the labor to have it installed. The calipers had nothing to do with the noise and i gave up my OEM calipers.

How long does an OEM caliper usually last? Mine has been on for 12 yrs.

Hope this helps someoneone figure out their problems regarding suspension noise.

Cheers !!

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

Glad the problem is sorted. I had a local place install new Eibach upper camber kit on my coupe and when I left the car was clunking like hell. Got back to the shop and they had forgotten to tighten the bolts. Ugh, was not the first issue I had with that place.....

Return to “G35 and G37 Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tires”