Cloudy Headlights

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
slice235
Car: 2004 G35 Coupe

I own a 2008 Infiniti EX35 Journey. The headlights are very cloudy and I am looking for the best product to removed this haze and bring back the clear look. If there is a coating that should be applied after cleaning, please confirm this also. I have used a few cleaning kits in the past with mixed results as well as have the Infiniti dealer clean them, but it never lasts too long.

Other options is to replace the lights. Can I replace the lens only or do I need to replace the entire headlight unit. Is there a good after market headlight I should consider.

Thank you

Rob

tjrob2000
Car: 2007 Infiniti G35 Journey sedan

As far as I know you have to replace the entire headlight, which is not inexpensive. No idea on aftermarket. As far as clearing them up I've used the 3M sanding/polishing kit. To protect I'd use a wax or Meguiars makes a protectant for plastic that comes in their kit. None of them are going to last a long time, just the nature of plastic and UV.

slice235
Car: 2004 G35 Coupe

Thanks TJ. I have used the cleaning kits 3 times with limited success. Thought there might be a magic pill I had not thought of. Appreciate the response.

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

If these have been abrasively cleaned to get yellow out on a few occasions the best bet would be to use some light sanding and polishing followed by a coating of clear to get them to last longer. Otherwise you would need to replace the whole light on each side as mentioned. You could try a used parts place to see if they have a set in good condition. Ebay is a good indicator of what you can expect to buy when new or used.

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”