Cloudflare bot checks

A General Discussion forum for cars and other topics, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to NICO!
Mike W.
Car: 2003 Infiniti QX4 with a drinking problem. Gas and oil.
2002 BMW 525it
1998 BMW 328is

I'm sure they can be a problem, except when it's a Google bot, but man these Cloudflare checks are getting bad. I've only got 350 posts, been here almost 6 years and without a stopwatch it takes Cloudflare a full minute to check? That's poor, I'm logged in, have been logged in and best of all, after it did it's thing, when I was trying to post a new post, it threw me back to the beginning! Everything I'd written was gone!

I'm pretty tech savvy, but fully admit not a webmaster so I don't claim to know all the details involved, but I'm on a number of forums and none of them do this, except here and Cloudflare. If their competence level is this low on posting, I'm guessing it's not much higher on verifying security.

Please fix it. That is all.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Get PCMatic, it kills all that crap (and most of the ads too).
:yesnod

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin
Car: 2017 Corvette, 2018 Focus ST, 1993 240sx truck KA Turbo.

Interesting, I've never had any issues.
When does it occur? When you go to hit "post", or "submit"?

Mike W.
Car: 2003 Infiniti QX4 with a drinking problem. Gas and oil.
2002 BMW 525it
1998 BMW 328is

Trying to remember, seems like I've had it both at just opening up NICO and when hitting post. No, last time was submit because I thought all was lost but I was able to go 3 pages back or something in the browser to retrieve it. Sorry for the lack of exact detail, until I thought I'd lost a post I'd spent some time on, I just kind of rolled my eyes and didn't concentrate on specifics as it eventually, slowly, worked.

Again, while I don't know what it takes to keep this place working and secure, I do know I don't run into this any any other forums, and especially when already logged in. I even went to the Cloudflare website and it was clear support was limited to customers, not victims. They don't want to know what I have to say, just what you do. I'm probably making a mountain out of a molehill, but it's frustrating.

Thanks,
Mike

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin
Car: 2017 Corvette, 2018 Focus ST, 1993 240sx truck KA Turbo.

Mike W. wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 12:11 am
I'm probably making a mountain out of a molehill, but it's frustrating.
Oh I don't think so... losing your post when you hit "submit" will stifle quality content here. Thanks for bringing it up. I'll see if any of our tech guys can look in to it.

Return to “General Chat”