Closure please on the bluetooth compabitbiliy on headunits/stereos.

The Nissan Versa Tech Discussion forum is the place to discuss Versa performance modifications and maintenance.
groq36
Car: White 2008 Nissan Versa SL

Okay I've been searching over the forums trying to figure out this question. Please correct me if I'm wrong or if I missed something.

Will replacing the headunit/stereo nullify the use of the bluetooth? I know that question has been asked but reading through the forums I wasn't sure if there was a definitive answer. Also the forum posts seem dated a while back.

Has anyone actually tried this with the steering wheel controls working and the bluetooth setup working the same as the stock setup?

Man I hope I didn't open a can of worms.

Oh and I apologize for the butchering of compatibility on the thread title...

DejaWiz
Car: See sig for details.

Yes, it will take away the steering wheel controls and bluetooth. There is no aftermarket HU adapter to retain the steering wheel controls that I am aware of.

groq36

Yeah that seemed to be the majority of the answers.

bluesman2a

DejaWiz wrote:Yes, it will take away the steering wheel controls and bluetooth. There is no aftermarket HU adapter to retain the steering wheel controls that I am aware of.
This may not be 100% accurate. I've done a little research and may have something that's close...

See here... zerothread/349893

From what I can tell now: you can use the steering wheel controls for volume, next/last, but not phone. More to specifics to come..

DejaWiz

bluesman2a wrote:
This may not be 100% accurate. I've done a little research and may have something that's close...

See here... zerothread/349893

From what I can tell now: you can use the steering wheel controls for volume, next/last, but not phone. More to specifics to come..
Are you talking about the Nissan iPod interface for the stock HU that's available/orderable at every Nissan Parts Dealer?

bluesman2a

DejaWiz wrote:
Are you talking about the Nissan iPod interface for the stock HU that's available/orderable at every Nissan Parts Dealer?
No, I went with an entirely aftermarket audio system.

DejaWiz

bluesman2a wrote:
No, I went with an entirely aftermarket audio system.
Ah, I understand now. Nissan has an adapter available for the steering wheel controls for aftermarket HU's. I didn't know that.

What HU did you get and do the steering wheel controls work fine for you?

superskunk
Car: '07 Super Black Versa S Hatch,'06 Super Black Murano SL

you know thats real funny cuz the Z i used to have had controls on the steering wheel too.... and i always wanted to go find the stock head unit so i could use them...

groq36

hmmm....so there is a way?

VersaMG08
Car: '10 Mazda 3 s hatchback
'14 Nissan 370z

Hey groq,

I've been searching for the same thing you are. I looked on crutchfield for an aftermarket bluetooth adapter for the Versa on a Kenwood headunit, no luck. It seems there are NO aftermarket steering wheel controls for the Versa. The only one that was mentioned earlier in the thread is a Nissan adapter for aftermarket HUs.

I plan to keep the factory HU until a bluetooth one is released for aftermarket HUs, then I will purchase it along with the Nissan aftermarket Steering controls. I'd like to put in a Kenwood HU, but until then.

Recently, I upgraded the door speakers with four Kenwood 240W 3-ways. They sound great on the factory HU and nearly like an aftermarket HU. I plan on installing a 1000W amp and 1200W 12" sub next week.

Whoever knows the link to purchase it post it in the thread. There are quite a few people that are looking for one.

groq36

Mile High Versa wrote:Hey groq,

I've been searching for the same thing you are. I looked on crutchfield for an aftermarket bluetooth adapter for the Versa on a Kenwood headunit, no luck. It seems there are NO aftermarket steering wheel controls for the Versa. The only one that was mentioned earlier in the thread is a Nissan adapter for aftermarket HUs.

I plan to keep the factory HU until a bluetooth one is released for aftermarket HUs, then I will purchase it along with the Nissan aftermarket Steering controls. I'd like to put in a Kenwood HU, but until then.

Recently, I upgraded the door speakers with four Kenwood 240W 3-ways. They sound great on the factory HU and nearly like an aftermarket HU. I plan on installing a 1000W amp and 1200W 12" sub next week.

Whoever knows the link to purchase it post it in the thread. There are quite a few people that are looking for one.
I think that's what I was planning on doing also. Although a new headunit would be awesome, I would like to keep everything intact and working. I have an amp waiting to be used so I guess I'll use it with the factory hu until there's a guaranteed way to make all these things work. Might be wishing for too much, but I like the stock options that came with my Versa.

bluesman2a

I posted my initial thoughts/findings in my original thread... I'll keep it updated as I learn more.

zerothread/349893

groq36

Yayuh! Thanks sir.

Return to “Versa Technical Discussions”