Closed throttle switch A/T

Nissan 300ZX technical discussion forum: Maintenance, performance, installations, modifications, how-to's and troubleshooting.
tjleilo
Car: 1993 300zx Natrually Aspirated. TT fuel pump, new style injectors, basic bolt ons with Jim Wolf ECU upgrade, EGR delete.

PLEASE HELP.
I found out why my automatic transmission slows down very quickly if I release the gas pedal after I reach 40mph. Around that speed is when my torque converter locks up. I have a new throttle position sensor set at .46V and the closed throttle sensor also works. Though, while the transmission can see how open the throttle is and reads it as a percentage through cozult, it doesn’t read when the closed throttle sensor is on or off.

My ECU can see the closed throttle sensor and when I let off the pedal the closed throttle sensor turns on as it should and it does what it should, though, the transmission doesn’t turn it on, and that keeps the torque converter engaged.
Does anyone know why it would do this?

I know what it says to do in the manual and I have already checked the the harness where it plugs into the TCU and made sure the plug is sitting in the TCU correctly. Again, the sensor is working and the transmission is reading the TPS but isn’t turning on the closed throttle sensor...but the ECU is and reads it just fine...?

My transmission fluid temp sensors voltage isn’t correct and is wrong as well, just a side note. I don’t think that would correlate with this, but who knows.
At idle the transmission reads my TPS opened at 0-1% it switches back and fourth very fast from 0-1% but it never engages the closed throttle sensor.

Return to “300ZX (Z32) Technical”