Clock will not keep time.

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
big742003
Car: 2020 Rogue SV AWD Premium

We picked our 2020 up Christmas Eve. If I reset the clock it will be right, but when the fob leaves the car and comes back it's like time stood still while I was away. :confused: I have tried leaving it on auto, time zone, and manual, but it's never right when I get back to the car. The local Nissan dealer said they called an engineer, but they haven't gotten back with me. :ohno: Anyone else have similar issues?

NMD
Car: 2021 Rogue Platinum AWD
2011 Sentra SR
2022 VW Jetta SE (wife's car, please don't hate)

Every time it updates via my home Wi-Fi (not every time it connects, though) time/date format changes to 12H MM/DD/YYYY, so I have to manually reset to 24H YYYY/MM/DD. I also asked the dealership, they don't know what's going on with that and ask for like a tear-down for full examination, but I don't have the time for that.

excel_novice
Car: 2019 Nissan Rogue SV Hybrid

The great Neal Peart once wrote...Time Stand Still.
Sounds like a software issue that only the dealer can fix. FWIW my current infotainment software version is 0810 after the backup camera recall.

big742003

The dealer said they hadn't seen it often, but that nation wide an engineer said there's been a few cases. The dealer called it a faulty radio and ordered me one. They said it may be a while before it shows up.

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

big742003 wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:50 am
The dealer said they hadn't seen it often, but that nation wide an engineer said there's been a few cases. The dealer called it a faulty radio and ordered me one. They said it may be a while before it shows up.
Thats fairly good news! :yesnod
I will wait to hear what your outcome is.

PS: Welcome to Nico! :)

big742003

New radio fixed the clock. :bigthumb: We lost our trial of XM in the process, but my wife doesn't care. I have had to hard reset the new radio once because it stopped connecting to our phones, but all seems well a.t.m. :)

NMD
Car: 2021 Rogue Platinum AWD
2011 Sentra SR
2022 VW Jetta SE (wife's car, please don't hate)

Went to do a 10k service two weeks ago. There was a recall out, something to do with the back-up cam. The dealer installed an update to the firmware. So far, there have been no more jumps into the 12H mode.

Ottawa91
Car: 2019 Nissan Rogue SV FWD

Hi There,

I picked up my 2019 Nissan rogue demo car from the dealership this past Wednesday, March 18, 2020. It had 80 km (50 miles) on it. They put in a brand-new battery and changed the center control panel before I picked it up.

I had to bring the car back to the dealership a few days later Friday, March 20, 2020, because the clock kept resetting itself every time the engine was shut off. They checked the wiring to make sure nothing was loose in terms of connections to the battery and changed a fuse. Everything was working fine until the car engine was shut off and the clock reset itself again.

Here is some relevant info that may help:

-The radio stations that I saved in the system didn’t change when I turned the engine off.
-The new center control panel that they put in is one with a navigation button that says map. The original one with the car didn’t have a navigation feature.

I am going to bring the car back to the dealership next week to have them look at it again.

Any idea what could be causing the problem?:
-Could it be a software issue?
-A chip issue on the circuit board?

Thanks

Derrick

excel_novice
Car: 2019 Nissan Rogue SV Hybrid

Hello, welcome to the Forum. This very subject came up a few weeks/months ago.

Take it back to the dealer. The problem was solved, and there's pretty much nothing you can do on your own...short of buying your own new radio.
Last edited by Rogue One on Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Ottawa91 wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:03 pm
Hi There,

I picked up my 2019 Nissan rogue demo car from the dealership this past Wednesday, March 18, 2020. It had 80 km (50 miles) on it. They put in a brand-new battery and changed the center control panel before I picked it up.

I had to bring the car back to the dealership a few days later Friday, March 20, 2020, because the clock kept resetting itself every time the engine was shut off. They checked the wiring to make sure nothing was loose in terms of connections to the battery and changed a fuse. Everything was working fine until the car engine was shut off and the clock reset itself again.

Here is some relevant info that may help:

-The radio stations that I saved in the system didn’t change when I turned the engine off.
-The new center control panel that they put in is one with a navigation button that says map. The original one with the car didn’t have a navigation feature.

I am going to bring the car back to the dealership next week to have them look at it again.

Any idea what could be causing the problem?:
-Could it be a software issue?
-A chip issue on the circuit board?

Thanks

Derrick
We have an incredible SEARCH feature on this forum. Merged with existing thread.

--------> READ BEFORE CREATING NEW THREAD! <--------

Return to “Rogue Forum”