Clock light is gone!

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
Julio Bro!
Car: 1993 240SX SE, manual tranny, Stillen intake & strut bar, Magnaflow cat + custom cat-back, NISMO sus

I have a 93' 240SX SE with the digital clock in the center of the gages panel (don't remember the correct word). This is a very neat feature, particularly at night, it is kind of electroluminiscent; but now it's not turning on.

How can I fix this? Is it fixable?

S14 Stud

are you talking about the clock that's like with the spedo. and odo. gauge cluster? Because if so, you can replace the bulb...while you are at it, you might get colored bulbs for the clock and the rest of the gauges, looks pretty damn cool at night, especially red.

S14 Stud

oh man yolu have s13 too...those dashes are a little harder to get off. but once you do replace all the bulbs...for those of you who have s14's and have the same problem or just want to replace the bulbs with the cool colored ones... I can probably help you out with istructions. :squint

Julio Bro!
Car: 1993 240SX SE, manual tranny, Stillen intake & strut bar, Magnaflow cat + custom cat-back, NISMO sus

Hey Stud, thanks! Yeah, red should look great...but what kind of red? Clear or dark, with dark red the clock looks fine?

Thanks.

S14 Stud

I say get dark red or it's going to look almost pink.I'll try to snap some pics of my dash tonight once it gets kinda dark, so you can see

Julio Bro!

Coool! Umm, something else, how many bulbs have to be changed? This so I can have them before dismantling the gauge pod.

S14 Stud

it was 3 on mine plus a clock light so 4 all together (clock light is a lot smaller and gauge lights) but it could be different on your car

S14 Stud

sorry the pic is a little blurry, it's hard taking them at night. I kinda noticed it doesn't look too red kinda pink in the picture but trust me it's red. also it's not very bright for some reason...probably because my battery is running low from sitting so much. but if you have a working car then the lights will be a lot brighter.

oh and by the way...my gauges are white during the day, but they look black at night...it's kinda cool

S14 Stud

here's a pic of the gauges during the day just to give you an idea.

:squint

Julio Bro!

Wow Stud, what happened!? I see your airbag open and you say the car has been standing. Are you OK?

Oh, how you get the icons in the Reply area?

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”