Climate Control Swap..digital to analog

General discussion area for the L32-chassis Altima
lkmatters65
Car: 2011 Nissan atlima

I am new here so I would like to say hello to everyone and ask for some help from people more experienced then me. I have a 2011 Nissan Altima hybrid.
When I purchased the car it had a broken radio. I recently bought a replacement radio but soon realized that I cant take the radio out the bezel and the new radio had an analog climate control while my existing car has digital climate control. I noticed both have the same plugs so I plugged in the analog and it seems to work as it should aside from the ac not getting cold not sure if its due to the switch or the ac itself. My question is could I damage my car by using the analog climate control instead of the digital? or does it do the same thing one is just analog and one is digital ?
I tried to research it and only found people wanting to swap the analog to digital and running into problems because the digital one has more sensors and has to run through the computer. I thank everyone for there help thanks

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

One NEVER interchanges the two unless absolutely sure they interchange, generally they do NOT. If the external connections are only like power and grounds then OK but once you go to exchanging information based on the communication protocol used there all bets are off.

Return to “4th Generation Altima Sedan (2007-2012)”