Climate Control Swap..Analog to Digital

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
importunerdj

been searching everywhere and cant see an answer, is this a plug and play swap or would i have to add extra sensors??

i can see them being sold for cheap but i rather not waste money...has this swap been done before?

Qxxx4
Car: 1999.5 Infiniti QX4, 2012 Mustang

what year is the vehicle? your best bet is to compare your connectors to mine but unfortunately before reinstalling my unit thats the only pic that gives you an idea of what the connectors look like and its from the INSIDE, but it gives you an idea

Pwnin O'Brien

Unfortunately this conversion would require extra sensors and motors; the vehicle is pre-wired for all of the components, you would need the HVAC control unit, the interior ambient sensor, the air mixture door motor, the air selector motor, the fan amplifier and probably a couple of other parts. It is definitely possible to do the conversion, however it would probably require removal of the entire dash assembly to install the motors.

importunerdj

damn!!!! oh well thanks.

i figured it was going to need extra sensors because of the auto and econ mode's.

i was hoping nissan pre wired it though..lol

oh well, thank you for your help!

slickroger
Car: Nissan Pathfinder 2001

here is a better pic of the back.

all the sensors involved seem pretty cheap and i doubt they would cost very much. I don't think that this is that far fetched and I believe its very doable just need the proper wiring diagram and decent placement of the sensors

Pwnin O'Brien

Below is the circuit diagram for the AUTO HVAC system. The parts which are in the red rectangles are the parts which do not come on Pathfinders with manual dial-style HVAC systems. This diagram does not include the actual dash control unit. Probably the most expensive part of the conversion would be the HVAC control unit or the AUTO amplifier, which is the box which controls most of the AUTO HVAC systems sensors and motors. You could most definitely find most, if not all of these parts at an auto recycler for a really discounted price. You could most definitely do the entire conversion for under $500 if you do the work yourself.

Natedogg1701
Car: 2003 Pathfinder SE

slickroger wrote:

here is a better pic of the back.

all the sensors involved seem pretty cheap and i doubt they would cost very much. I don't think that this is that far fetched and I believe its very doable just need the proper wiring diagram and decent placement of the sensors
hey slickroger, are those blue things the bulbs for the climate control unit? and are there more of them tht arent seen in this picture?

CtPathfinder
Car: 2004 pathfinder SE

Hello I don't see the diagram that you speak of. Looking to make the climate control swap

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”