Climate Control, Shifter and Radio Illuminating Lights

A forum for the Nissan Quest... minivan lovers unite!
macindean
Car: 2005 quest

Where are the illuminating lights for the shifter, climate control knobs and the radio control on a 2005 Quest? They have all gone out and the dimmer switch doesn't seem to be the problem. I have taken the top of the console off, but I don't see any lights.

Ace2cool
Car: 1991 Nissan 300ZX TT
1966 Datsun Fairlady 1600
2005 Suzuki GSX-R 600
1974 Honda CB550 Four
2009 Ford F150 Lariat

Usually when all the lights go off at once, it's a fuse blown somewhere. I use a fuse tester for fast identification. Something like this:

macindean

A little update here. Finally had a little time to look a bit deeper into this. Come to find out..... had no tail lights and no cornering lights either. Turned out to be fuse #41(15 amp) in the ipdm module. From reading over this and other forums, Quests and Maximas seem to have alot of problems with this fuse for some reason. Now all is well, or so I hope. Haven't driven it yet to see what is going to happen. Have no idea why the fuse blew. Maybe it will be okay now. Thanks for the help!!

macindean

Another update... Didn't even get out the driveway before the fuse blew again. Got tired of messing with it and took it to the Nissan dealership. This van was bought used seven months ago with 60,000 miles on it. The previous owner had installed a trailer hitch and trailer brake on it. Now you know what was wrong. 250 bucks later, the wiring was put back to the factory specs by the Nissan mechanic. I'm not going to trailer anything with it anyway, got a chevy truck for that. Now all seems well.

macindean

Here we go again.... This has been a nightmare of sorts. Dealership repair lasted for one day only. Took it back and they replaced the ipdm that time - said it has shorted out somewhere. That repair lasted one week. Took it back again. This time they said they found another wire splice somewhere and repaired that. At the same time, the radio had quit working (known problem with 04 and 05 quests I found out - bad solder somewhere in the radio itself). Located a used radio (there are no aftermarket radios for these years) out of South Carolina for a hundred bucks and had it shipped. Took it to the Nissan dealership and they switched it out for nothing. As a matter of fact, they have only charged for the initial repair, everything else has been on them. Pretty good of them I think! Hope it is all fixed now. Been working okay for another week, anyway. One thing I found out... if your cornering lights are not working, chances are you have no tail lights either (brake lights and turn signals are on another circuit). I'll try to keep you all posted as It seems I'm not the only one with these problems.

Return to “Quest Forum”