Climate Control issue.

General discussion forum for J30 and M30 owners!
j30newb
Car: 1993 Infiniti J30 Base model.

I'm trying to pin point the issue with my Climate control, when my car warms up If i set the temp at 80 I get cold air but if i max it out to 85 degrees Ill get hot air.

Also, my other issue is the Volume of air being blown outta the dash vents isn't what I feel it should be, I'm inclined to diagnose it as a possible Fan motor issue, but I'm hoping maybe its something else. On the other end my A/c works and blows cold air really good, but again the Volume of air being pushed into the cabin compared to the fan speed setting isn't what it should be compared to what I have it set at. I did however find a dead field mouse under my intake box. and thinkin the lil sucker might have got into the vents but nothing Foreign (IE:leafs or debree ) is coming outta the vents. If this sounds familiar or if you might have fixed the same type of problem please let me know, everything on the Climate control unit works when prompted, the recirculate button works but when i turn the car off with it on it clicks. :wtf2: :gotme

J30inthe sun
Car: 1997 J30

In the field service manual there is a diagnostic procedure you can run which will tell you if all the internal vent actuator motors and doors are functioning properly.

Return to “J30 Forum / M30 Forum”