Climate control help

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
JodieRob
Car: 2010 Ex35

Hi everyone. Hoping someone can help me with a climate control issue with my 2010 ex35. I haven't done any testing or have I taken it anywhere but when using the climate control and the outside temp is cold, when I say cold I mean I want the inside warmer, but regardless whether it's 20f or 40f outside still have the same issue. When I set the temperature I want, both sides the same, when set at 62 higher it gets hot on the car quickly and way warmer than 62. If I set it at 61 it blows cold air in, way colder than 61. Cannot get it comfortable inside and always have to turn it on and off to stay reasonably comfortable. This issue just started and have not had any work done to it recently. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Chelsea John
Car: EX35

There is a 'sunload sensor' on the front dash , see page 4-47 owners manual, make sure nothing is obstructing this.

JodieRob

Thank you. Nothing is obstructing it.

Eamess
Car: 2010 Infiniti EX35 Journey

I've noticed the same with my 2010 car. Anything above 62 gets warm fast. I was starting to be convinced that my sensitivity to temperature was just poor.

JodieRob

I am pretty certain it's something simple, my thoughts are it isn't able to determine the inside cabin temperature and it thinks it's still cold and therefore continues to heat on max temperature. Hoping to figure it out this weekend.

JodieRob

Ok after more research and finding out how to do the self diagnostic testing on the climate control system I have determined the problem and was an easy fix. After doing the diagnostic test it gave me a code that was an open circuit for the inside cabin temperature sensor and confirmed it when it gave me an inside temperature that was way off. The sensor in my car is located on the kick panel directly below the steering column. After removing the kick panel I immediately noticed the intake hose and electrical connector were unhooked and remembered a few months back I had a remote starter installed and I'm certain when they put the kick panel back together they had forgotten to plug the inside cabin
Sensor back up causing the climate control unable to determine the inside temperature. After hooking it back up and running the diagnostics again it works perfectly. The only other note I would add is to make sure you route the hose and electrical connector between the steering column and horizontal steel support under the steering column other wise you can't get the kick panel back on and risking breaking the temperature sensor as it's only plastic. I will try to post the self diagnostic testing procedure I found also, it's for the fx35 but is the same for the ex35. Thank you to all that helped and I hope this helps others in the future.

JodieRob

DIY  FX Heater & Air Condition > 2003-2012 Infiniti FX35 - FX45 - FX50 A/C Self Diagnostic Procedure
2003-2012 Infiniti FX35 - FX45 - FX50 A/C Self Diagnostic Procedure
Models:
* 2003 Infiniti FX35 - FX45
* 2004 Infiniti FX35 - FX45
* 2005 Infiniti FX35 - FX45
* 2006 Infiniti FX35 - FX45
* 2007 Infiniti FX35 - FX45
* 2008 Infiniti FX35 - FX45
* 2009 Infiniti FX35 - FX50
* 2010 Infiniti FX35 - FX50
* 2011 Infiniti FX35 - FX50
* 2012 Infiniti FX35 - FX50
Instructions
* Step 1SET IN SELF-DIAGNOSIS MODE
* aTurn ignition switch ON.
* bSet in self-diagnosis mode as follows. Within 10 seconds after starting engine (ignition switch is turned ON.), press OFF switch for at least 5 seconds.
* Step 2SENSOR CIRCUITS ARE CHECKED FOR OPEN OR SHORT CIRCUIT

* Malfunctioning Sensor
* 21 / -21Ambient sensor
* 22 / -22In-vehicle sensor
* 24 / -24Intake sensor
* 25 / -25Sunload sensor (Ignore this code)
* 26 / -26Air mix door motor PBR (Driver side)
* 27 / -27Air mix door motor PBR (Passenger side)
* Step 3MODE DOOR AND INTAKE DOOR POSITIONS ARE CHECKED
* aPress temperature (UP) switch (driver side).

* Malfunctioning Actuator
* 31VENT
* 32B/L
* 33B/L
* 34FOOT
* 35D/F
* 36DEF
* 37FRE
* 3820% FRE
* 39REC
* Step 4OPERATION OF EACH DOOR MOTOR IS CHECKED

* bPress (DEF) switch. Code No. of each door motor test is indicated on the display.

* Step 5TEMPERATURE OF EACH SENSOR IS CHECKED
* bCode No. 51 appears on the display.
* cPress (DEF) switch one time. Temperature detected by ambient sensor is indicated on the display.

* Note:
* If temperature shown on display greatly differs from actual temperature, check sensor circuit first, then inspect sensor.
* cPress (DEF) switch a second time. Temperature detected by invehicle sensor is indicated on the display.

* Note:
* If temperature shown on display greatly differs from actual temperature, check sensor circuit first, then inspect sensor.
* cPress (DEF) switch a third time. Temperature detected by intake sensor is indicated on the display.

* Note:

Chelsea John
Car: EX35

Much appreciated posting back your findings along with the detailed description on the diagnostic procedure.
Get a thumbs up from me !! Cheers !!

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”