clicking sound

A forum for lovers of Infiniti's hot-rod crossover, the FX! In 2014, all FX models will be named Infiniti QX70, in line with Infiniti's new naming structure.
audiogabby
Car: 2007 Infiniti FX 35

I have what appears to be a metal to metal clicking sound coming from under my FX 35. This is a quick click and it only happens when the car is cold in the morning or after a prolonged period of inactivity. Also, the sound happens 10 to 15 seconds into my drive. Basically seconds before or after the car goes into overdrive. You cannot hear this sound when the car is warm or after it's been driven for a few minutes. Does anyone have any experience with this problem ? This is bugging me to say the least.

snns99
Car: 09 FX35

I know what you talking about, same problem here in my 09 FX35 , but only i can hear this sound when the car is warm or after it's been driven for long time, this sound is ugly and annoying.

audiogabby

Have you done any research ? I've been talking to other FX 35 owners about this in other forums and there's another guy that heard something similar. So far looks like the rear axle needs to be greased but that's not an official solution. I'm checking on this and as soon as I come across any useful information I will post it here.

snns99

actually i did, but i found nothing , i made that as a note in the last maintenance but nothing changed, i think it's difficult to find out what exactly is the problem and how to fix it, plus no one will recognize this sound till own this car with this sound, i feel it as a deep problem to resolve, i'll try to record the sound and post it here, maybe that could help.

audiogabby

I serviced my car today and informed Nisan about it. They're really nice and show a real interest to solve the problem. Since they were closing they couldn't take my car out for a spin but asked me to leave it overnight and they will try in the morning which is when I get the sound. I noticed that now with the cold weather I get the clicking sound more often. Hopefully when I leave the car at the dealership they'll be able to locate the cause. I'm looking to do this in a couple of weeks. I need to work the logistics of a rental for a couple of days.

snns99

Good luck with that, we are waiting.

audiogabby

Well, I just dropped my FX35 at the dealership this afternoon. I got an Altima for a day or two until they find where is that sound coming from and how to fix it. I hope this falls under my warranty. I'll post again as soon as I know anything about it.

audiogabby

I'm pissed. They had my car for two days and drove it several times and did not hear the clicking sound. I took my car and as soon as I left the dealership me and my daughter heard the clicking sound again. Obviously the sound is very subtle but IT IS THERE.

J-Owner
Car: 2010 FX35 owner and former owner of an '05 G35 Coupe and a '95 J30T.

You need to physically ride with them on the test drive. You know the car better than anyone since you drive it everyday.

I have learned over the years that the best way to get them to understand what you are talking about is to ride with them.

I too have left it with them and then get the call we could not duplicate the problem and then of course I drive over there make them ride with me show them the issue and they are like "oh yeah I see what you care talking about" to which I am like did you drive the car? How could you not hear that?

Always best to make them ride with you. Just my $0.02 anyway. Good luck.

audiogabby

That's exactly what i'm doing the next time. I have to go next mth again for an oil change so that's my chance there. I'll post the results then.

Return to “Infiniti FX35 / FX45 / FX37 / FX50 / QX70 Forum”