clicking sound(please help)

Shocks, springs, sway bars, coliovers, bushings, brakes, wheels, tires - This is the place to discuss G-Series suspension modifications!
g_ride
Car: infiniti g35 coupe

i have this clicking sound i believe that is coming from my back wheel i thought it was a rock in my tire tread then i though bearings butt my car only has 21,000 miles on it i thought it would be to new for the bearings to go bad any ideas please help before wheel falls off or something

joe603
Car: 2014 Durango R/T

Sure its not a rock or a nail? I had a screw in my stock tires because there didn't have much tread. Patched it...then only a month later, I had a friggen nail right in the middle! By that time, my rear's looked like slicks...so I just replaced 'em.

g_ride
Car: infiniti g35 coupe

i think iam going to take the whole wheel off and check that today

C-Kwik
Car: 2013 Chevy Volt, 1991 Honda CRX DX

This issue is outlined in a TSB. The axle needs to be retorqued. If it's under warranty, the dealer will fix it for you for free. If not, you may need to find a copy of the TSB and find out the torque setting. Looks like they require a subscription to obtain a copy of the TSB now.

http://www.nissan-techinfo.com...05002

Twidget
Car: 2004 Infiniti G35 6-speed coupe

I just had the same problem with my '04 Coupe with 37K miles and the dealer fixed it under warranty without question. Seems the Molykote grease in the axles/wheel hubs tends to dry up. They pull the axles off and re-lube. Several of the fasteners are replaced as well. This is a descibed in a Nissan/Infiniti TSB.

infinititech1

its not that it needs to be retorqued...its that the bearing to hub contact points need to be lubed. it needs nissan molycote.

Return to “G35 and G37 Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tires”