Click sound from engin

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
coach258

We have purchased our fully loaded Rogue for about two weeks and it is an awesome small SUV with nice exterior and interior.

Today, when I drove my car out of our parking lot, I heard a click sound from the engine. It seems to happen when I press accelerator slightly and release it immediately. I stoped the car and tried again, nothing happened so I thought it was an illusion. However, when I went out of the parking lot I heard the same sound again. The situation was there is a gentle downhill out side of the parking lot. So I accelerated a little bit and let go then I heard the sound.

I have been trying different way to repreduce it. It seems only happen in the low speed and low rpm (between 1 and 2). Or may be it's too noisy to hear in the high speed and high rpm. Most importantly, it only happened when I pressed the pedal very gently and let it go immediately. I was wondering if it is normal or something has to be looked at. It's not a big deal in terms of driving, but I am picky and I want to get rid of that annoying sound happening in my NEW ROGUE. Any suggestion and opinion are welcome.

I will take it to the dealer to check any way. Hopefully they can figure it out.

Derango
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD w/ Premium Package

There's a couple of systems listen in the owners guide (I believe I'm thinking of the traction control...) that mention the system ocassionally self-tests itself at low speeds which can be accompanied by a "clunk" sound.

Not sure if that fits your description or not.

coach258

We tried again last night and we heard two click sounds at gear 1 and 2 respectively. I can feel a small vibration on the accelator pedal when I hear the soud. It's very similar to the sound when switching on the AC. I guess it only happens when I start to move the car cause during our 30 minutes drive yesterday, nothing was heard.

Maybe today I can turn the VDC off and see what will happen.

Return to “Rogue Forum”