clear corners

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
99QX4
Car: '07 G35, '05 FX35

Does anybody know where i can get clear corners for a 99 QX4? I bought ones for a 99 Pathfinder, thought they would fit, but they didn't. Also did anybody ever hear about baking the lights to peel off the amber strip?

BB Turbo
Car: 2007 Nissan Titan KC, 1992 Nissan 240sx Coupe

I have heard of baking the lights, actually dont bake them, like use paint stripper, but even so, I wouldnt hurt your baby like that. I found this if this is helpful.1999 QX4

Thats about all I can help you on bud.

99QX4

Thanks, I am gonna try that paint thinner idea. I am going to try it on a spare light first! I tried baking a light a few days ago, accidentally forgot about it and it melted! I wont' do that again!

Mayhem_J30
Car: Ummm...My Car

i've heard about the baking thing as well. sucks it melted man, bet that was a mess to clean up. if the lenses are made right (and you don't melt them) it can be done. a heat gun will work as well, so will a hair dryer if you do it long enough. I do like the thinner idea.

99QX4

Alright now i have a new problem: will the light look dumb if i can get that amber piece off? Some people said they tried it and it looked stupid because it was bare and you could see the bulb. What are your opinions? Also if anybody has pictures of their clear corners (it doesn't matter if it's a pathfinder) would you mind posting it? Thank you

BB Turbo
Car: 2007 Nissan Titan KC, 1992 Nissan 240sx Coupe

usually, in my opinion, it looks pretty lame because you can see the corners from far away, and then when you get closer, you can see the bulb, what id do if i were you is get some HID bulbs or get the conversion done to your suv, it looks hella tight and improves visibility allot, then id work on like my sound system and rims, thats if i had and suv, try it out with the corner, and if you can see the bulb, get a replacement one.

99QX4

I have found some websites now that have the Japanese QX4, the Terrano Regulus, their clear corners are stock over there! I am trying to figure out a way to order a pair of stock corner lights from one of those websites but they are all in Japanese! I just figured I'd give you guys an update. If I ever end up getting the clear corners I'll post a picture to let you see how they came out.

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

Yes, please.

be sure to send in pics for our members ride section.

Fred...:)

99QX4

I will definately send in my pics once i get hold of a digital camera or scanner. Also i would appreciate suggestions on other possible modifications. I have a K&N air filter, an optima battery, Xenon headlights and some interior lights (piaa i think) but thats about it besides my search for clear corners! Your suggestions would be great, thanks.

99QX4

Well everybody, i am happy to say i found a company that can order me clear corners from Japan! The only problem is that the price shipped would be $850!!!:eek: I guess I will have to find another way around it, or skip the clear corners and do other things to my car!

Mayhem_J30
Car: Ummm...My Car

99QX4 wrote:I will definately send in my pics once i get hold of a digital camera or scanner. Also i would appreciate suggestions on other possible modifications. I have a K&N air filter, an optima battery, Xenon headlights and some interior lights (piaa i think) but thats about it besides my search for clear corners! Your suggestions would be great, thanks.

Haha, I think a Qx4 would look sweet lifted with a grumbling dual exhaust. :ylsuper IMO. It would be tastefull contrast between luxury and redneck.

LuvmyQ
Car: Auto Detailing, Excercise & Fitness, Lawn & Gardening, Cars

Hey 99 QX4: I have a 2000 and I wanted that look too but was afraid to do the baking/stripping thing so I opted to replace all of my corner & signal bulbs with the blue PIAAs. It looks normal until you hit the signal and then it's Lights On! At most angles you can see the blue in the daytime even when they are off just like the headlights.

LuvmyQ

Hey 99 QX4:I am currently looking for a way to get more Hp from my 00 QX4. I have gotten some recommendations that might intrest you. Look for the forum "need more power for my QX4".

99QX4

Hey, thanks, I'll definately check it out! I've changed just about every possible bulb into Piaa's that i possibly can! Even all of my interior lights! I've also been trying to find a way to change my fog lights from yellow to blue but i can't seem to do it. I ordered white faced reverse indiglo gagues about a week ago and i think they are supposed to come in today! :) I can't wait to put them in!

LuvmyQ

Let me know how those gauges work out, get some pictures up if you can because I am looking for the same idea. The interior dash lights are not as bright as I would like them to be. How much did the gauges cost ? Are you installing them yourself?

99QX4

Well they didn't work out! :mad: Well the first thing i noticed is that they were gray, and i specifically said that i wanted white gauges! Then the major problem was that the spaces like for my odometer and stuff were in the complete wrong place! I thought that maybe the guy mixed it up with Pathfinder ones, but I looked inside a '98 Pathfinder the other day at my dad's body shop and the gauges looked exactly the same as mine (except for the 4-wheel drive picture thing)! So i have absolutely no idea what those people did but i am still looking! I'll let u know if i find anything!

fueler
Car: 2 Nissans, 2 BMW's

yo,

new to the forum got a 99 QX4 on 31's, how did you make the clear corners? I understand baking but how did you make your reflector the same color as the rest of the corner?

KoukiS14
Car: 2005 G35x - Lakeshore Slate / Stone

fueler wrote:yo,

new to the forum got a 99 QX4 on 31's, how did you make the clear corners? I understand baking but how did you make your reflector the same color as the rest of the corner?
Holy bumping of a 3 year old thread batman. I did the same. . . I read like every Pathy / QX4 thread on here as soon as I bought mine. . haha

Welcome to NICO!!! I, too, would like to clear my corners like other Nissans. . I like the all clear look with standard bulbs.

fueler
Car: 2 Nissans, 2 BMW's

where is this girl, her corners look dope, I want to do the same, i have a cracked corner so i can practice.... did she paint the reflector or use paint thinner, what cause it looks like the reflector is still there!

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”