Clear Bra for 2008 Nissan Rogue

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
chove1437
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

Just curious if anyone has purchased this or similar product for your hood, bumper and side mirrors.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...ZWDVW

Looking for feedback on product and installation. How difficult is this to DIYThanks in advance!

Jimothy12
Car: 08 Rogue SL AWD

I have bought a kit and will be installing it on my car this weekend if it stops raining. This will be my 3rd car I have put it on. It takes some work and a lot of time (if you are going to do the bumper; the hood is cake). As for the film you get what you pay for. $9.99 from ebay, I Dont Think So. I would recommend only getting 3M film (3M Scotchguard or any other 3M branded film). If you want to DIY it, do a google search for 3M Paint Protection and call companies to get a good price. They will already have it cut for you and most will supply everything you need.

For instructions watch these videos:http://www.invisiblemask.com/videos.html

Allow for a lot of time when you are doing this. Don't rush. Highly recommend doing it indoors. Let me know if you have any questions. At one point I was considering opening a shop.

Email me if you want the ## of the guy I bought mine from. email: (my username) @yahoo.com
Modified by Jimothy12 at 12:36 PM 9/12/2008

blaruffa
Car: Nissan Rogue

I have the the 3M Clear bra on all my cars. I had it installed by a local installer though.

It is great.

I have done the Clear bra protection film from invisasheild on my cell phones and camera's, it is easy to do if you take your time.

chove1437

Thanks! Will email you right now for the company that you purchased yours from.

Anybody who has purchased this item from ebay? Comments on this film?

Jimothy12

I installed my 3M Paint Protection last night. Here are some pictures.

Mirror, you have to look close to see the line, even close up:

Font fender. Hard to see but its the triangle to the right of the light in the picture:

Hood, bumper, grill in the sun. cant see it unless you are within 12 inches of it:

Close up of the hood. The line is 3/4 up the picture.

Door Cup. This was the hardest to do but can't see it once on:

KTM144sx
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue S

Great pictures, Thanks! I saw the ebay stuff was 17 mil thick. That seems to be plenty thick enough if the adhesive is good. Has anybody had one of these on long enough to get nicks in the plastic? I was just wondering how they'd look after a couple years worth of use?

Rocket J Dawg
Car: 2008 Rogue SL AWD Premium Package

I have had it on all my vehicles for years. My Rogue was done by the dealer as an incentive so no cost to me. I traded in an 06 Vibe with it and it looked just a good as the day it was installed.

Jimothy12

My dad has had it on his 01 Lexus since day 1 and it has held up great. It has saved his front end on many occasions. Its been 7 years and needs to be replaced but its more than paid for itself. Normal recommendations is to change it every 5 years.

chove1437

I have purchased the ebay stuff. I'm waiting for it to get here. I will post a reply with the quality and ease of installation once I get it.

minitrucker

Hey guys, this stuff looks hard do. i have watched the videos on how to do it and all. never done it my self tho. How many times can you pull it up to get it perfect?

Jimothy12

When installing you can pull it up over and over again, unlimited times. But once it drys its on and if you pull it up you will have to get new film

chove1437

Received the ebay vinyl stuff last week. Have yet to install it. Definetley feels thinner than the 3M stuff.Came across another forum that had mentioned the ebay store and the same product that I had just received and got a little concerned.

http://www.justppf.com/index.p...&st=0
Modified by chove1437 at 1:31 PM 9/29/2008

chove1437

I have contacted the ebay seller and they have assured me of their quality of product. They have even gone as so far as stating that they use this on their own personal vehicles. Not sure if that is BS or not but I went ahead and installed the vinyl product.

Went on pretty good on flat surfaces. Definitely harder on curved surfaces such as the bumper and mirrors. You would definitely need a hair dryer to stretch out the material to fit. Especially on the bumper. Had a hard time on the hood getting the film to adhere to the two indented curves on the hood. Messed it up. Got the seller to send me another piece for the hood to try again. Will get that shortly.

I do have some bubbles and lifting at some of the edges. If anyone has any suggestions, I would really appreciate it. Again, will post pics as soon as I'm finished with the install.

350ZR

Bought the ebay Kit for my 350Z, worked great. Just bought another for the Rouge. A must is to use J&J baby shampoo . Tried another brand at first and it was very hard to install.

Return to “Rogue Forum”