Cleaning Rims

Shocks, springs, sway bars, coliovers, bushings, brakes, wheels, tires - This is the place to discuss G-Series suspension modifications!
Nadia
Car: G35 Coupe 2004

So I get my car detailed and apparently the previous owner didnt really take care of the car too well because the rims have brake dust that has gone in so far that it won't come out. Does anyone know if theres any hope in trying to get it out?

What do you generally use to keep the rims clean? Also, have any of you ever fixed scratches on the rims?

ugaexploder
Car: 2007 Lakeshore Slate G35S

i used a pressure washer to clean my brother's rims on his z06, worked pretty good...just don't hit the paint haha

Nadia

Ok, dont have one of those. What do you use to clean the brake dust from your car?

FamilyZ
Car: 350 gt

Welcome to the club.

What kind of rims do you have? aluminum, chrome?

Try Eagle one all wheel cleaner. Do one wheel at a time. Make sure the wheel surface is cool. Spray with cool water. Spray on the Eagle one. Let soak for 30 seconds, then scrub with a clean sponge or a soft bristle brush(I like the sponge). Then rinse. If that doesn't work try something like Maguires all metal restorer. It works kind of like a wax. You can apply it on with a terry towel, it'll get hazy like when you wax the car. Then, take it off with a clean towel (towels will get durrty). It'll look like new, or close to it.

Good Luck.

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

After you get the rims clean, put a coat of normal car wax on it (like it was the vehicle paint). This will make it a lot easier to remove the brake dust next time ... it will just rinse off!

Z

ACoupe

I'd also recommend Poor Boys Wheel Sealant. I hear great things about it, and it's supposed to last a little longer than regular car wax.

Nadia

FamilyZ wrote:Welcome to the club.

What kind of rims do you have? aluminum, chrome?

Try Eagle one all wheel cleaner. Do one wheel at a time. Make sure the wheel surface is cool. Spray with cool water. Spray on the Eagle one. Let soak for 30 seconds, then scrub with a clean sponge or a soft bristle brush(I like the sponge). Then rinse. If that doesn't work try something like Maguires all metal restorer. It works kind of like a wax. You can apply it on with a terry towel, it'll get hazy like when you wax the car. Then, take it off with a clean towel (towels will get durrty). It'll look like new, or close to it.

Good Luck.
Thanks. They are aluminum alloy.

Return to “G35 and G37 Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tires”