Cleaned seat filters, now cooling and heating dosent work...

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
SnowNYC1
Car: 2006 M35x
2011 M56x

So I've noticed for a while that my driver seat doesn't cool down properly. For it to cool down I would have to not sit in it for like 5-10 min. I've learned on the forum that there there is a filter under the seat to the blower fan. So I followed all the steps, removed the filter which was disgusting and dirty almost no air going through it. Cleaned it off same with the passenger. Went to reinstall the filters. I did the driver's side first. After Installing I tested it, the seat turned on for 4 seconds and completely shuts off.... Thought it was strange. I didn't install the filter in the passenger seat so I thought I would test if it works. Turned the seat on and I worked fine. Didn't shut off or anything. As soon as I installed the filter the passenger seat started doing the same exact thing. So now both of my seats don't work, and before all of this they worked completely fine other than the weak cooling for the driver seat. The passenger seat was completely fine cooling and heating.
Any ideas as what could be causing this?!?!

EdBwoy

What methods and substances did you use to clean the filters?

DHCrocks
Car: 2012 M56S
2004 G35 Coupe

when you cleaned the filter what was the condition? The filter is a fuzzy nylon batting, if its deformed it could be touching the fan blade and casing it to stop. try removing the filter to see if it will work again. if it does you need to buy new ones.

EdBwoy

I saw a recommendation to clean the filters in another thread; so I was curious how you "cleaned it off".
Not all filters are made equal and filters do lose efficiency with use [driver seat feeling less responsive due to more use].

Then, disposable filters especially don't do well with moisture and the impact of banging them to knock dirt loose. One one extreme they close up and in the other one, they open up and don't really filter any more.
As suggested above, and as you had tested, the blower is ok by itself but gets choked up because the filter is now like a cap blocking air intake.

I think it's cheap insurance to just replace them.

cliffyk
Car: 2012 Infiniti M37 w/ "Premium" package

That the "cleaned" filters might be physically interfering with the fans or their having been "cleaned" to the point of impermeability make sense--but make certain you did not upset or dislodge any electrical connectors. How did you clean the filters? Waz it a dry process? if reinstalled "wet" it is possible some sensor was fouled...

mrnix
Car: Currently 2012 M37X, Malbec Black
Formerly 2004 Infiniti G35 Sedan

Snow, did you ever get this figured out? my driver side seat ventilation is having a similar issue.

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”