Classic Datsun Art Christmas Cards

A forum for owners of S30 and S130 Datsun Z's... 240Z, 260Z, 280Z and 280ZX!
Joseph@TheZStore
Vendor
Car: 1971 240Z

Most of you know Hector Cademartori, the renowned Automotive & Racing Artist, and have seen his great work. We have many of his creations available on our website. Some may not know that he makes a Classic Datsun Z Christmas Card every year. With all of the same old winter scenes and Christmas trees repeated over and over most years, these cards are a fresh option if your family sends out Christmas Cards. They also make great collector's items. This is the fourth edition Hector has created (these are prints, the original of course was painted by hand).

Here is what the Artist had to say:

The Christmas cards are the highlight of my year. I produce five or six every year for different clients, all of them involving cars or motorcycles, and I've been doing them for over 25 years.

Since Christmas cards don't have a commercial target (beyond their retail price), I have plenty of freedom to come up with situations involving Santa Claus, his helpers and all the elements of a Christmas scene around cars and motorcycles. It's fun to come up with new ideas and enjoy adding elements in the background pertinent to the subject matter. I get comments from the most observant in the audience about a poster on the wall or a little racecar in a dark corner.

For instance, in this year's art I included a toy fire truck. It's my friend Dan Banks', a well known Datsun collector and historian from Maryland who owns the real thing.

We included some sequences from rough sketch to final art. Thought they'd be of our customers' interest.

This is my fourth Datsun Christmas card and I look forward to next year's design. Merry Christmas and Zeason's Greetings!

Hector Cademartori

Find all 4 different editions here.

Return to “Datsun Z Forum”